Portalnd NIKE Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Maybe it's just that I don't know that much about volleyball, maybe it's because I'm a geek, but I don't get tired of listening to Lambo....no matter how long he goes on. I could listen to him go on and on for hours.

"Yet again the Shockers find a way to win without stopping the other team's left side hitters".

Lambo also echoing my earlier comments about a mine field of a non conference schedule. Let's see if we can go and be successful in Tennessee next week, and it all might look a lot better.
    I hear ya, I always hate it when I miss his comments because he has so much to say.

Comment

• Arizona State beat Seattle, UNLV and Gonzaga this weekend to go 6-0, all sweeps. That loss may not look that bad by the end of the year the way ASU is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Arizona State beat Seattle, UNLV and Gonzaga this weekend to go 6-0, all sweeps. That loss may not look that bad by the end of the year the way ASU is going.
        BreElle Bailey is hitting a shade under .500. It will be interesting to see how she does against top flight competition but she's obviously a huge talent for the Devils.

Comment

• OTOH, North Dakota State is now 0-6. Losses have been to the Shocks, Utah Valley, Arizona State, Louisville, Wisconsin and UNI.

The take a little break next week traveling to Georgia to play High Point, ORU and Georgia Southern. Then they finish their pre-conference schedule in Lawrence playing Kansas, Notre Dame and Georgia.

Pretty tough schedule for a team in rebuilding mode.

Utah Valley lost 3-1 to No. 25 BYU in a mid-week match then beat Eastern Kentucky 3-1 but were swept by Butler and Arizona in Tucson this weekend to fall to 2-5.

Hopefully, we will at least get some help from the SOS of these opponents and hope that they do well in their respective conferences.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 8, 2013, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            Is the technical timeout at 15 new this year? We see it when the Men's National Team comes to town, but I certainly do not recall it in NCAA matches. But then I have had a nap since then.
            Media timeout. Automatic when the first team reaches 15 points provided that a regular timeout hasn't been called. It applies if there's any radio or televised (including internet streaming) coverage with paid commercials and the host agrees to it. In a tournament setting, the host can also decide to do this for all matches even if not broadcast provided there's at least one match that's broadcast with commercials.

You should hear some of the stuff that I've heard. Some are extremely low budget ads on student-run radio. The oddest was an ad promoting the legalization of marijuana along with ads from government agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearClause View Post
              Media timeout. Automatic when the first team reaches 15 points provided that a regular timeout hasn't been called. It applies if there's any radio or televised (including internet streaming) coverage with paid commercials and the host agrees to it. In a tournament setting, the host can also decide to do this for all matches even if not broadcast provided there's at least one match that's broadcast with commercials.

You should hear some of the stuff that I've heard. Some are extremely low budget ads on student-run radio. The oddest was an ad promoting the legalization of marijuana along with ads from government agencies.
              actually, I don't think a broadcast is even required. the host team could institute such media/technical timeouts even if there isn't a broadcast (at least in non-conference play. in conference play, such things are established by conference policies). But there isn't really any point to it unless there is such a broadcast (and the broadcasting media requests such things).

Comment

Working...
              X