Shocks @ Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Creighton again is the only Valley school listed in the AVCA Poll - RV and 32. They are 38 in the RK Poll with a Pablo of 28, while UNI is 36 and 40. The Shockers are no longer listed in the RK Poll.
    Pablo has UNI and WSU tied @ 40, Colorado State @ 39, OU @ 36 for comparison sake.

RKPI (Hybrid of RPI) has CU @ 29, WSU @ 36 and UNI @ 43. BYU @ 11, OU @ 19 and Tennessee @ 18.

Comment

For what it's worth, and admittedly that ain't much, I think Pablo does a darned good job with telling you who is the better team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        For what it's worth, and admittedly that ain't much, I think Pablo does a darned good job with telling you who is the better team.
        Once the NCAA tournament field is selected, the VolleyTalk board runs a "pick the tournament" contest. Among the entries are RPI and Pablo. In recent memory, Pablo does the best of the non-human entries.

Comment

If you look at the weekly MVC Volleyball Weekly Notebook (Oct. 15), you see no mention of the player who has been leading the NCAA (D1) in hitting percentage for weeks now.

1 Chelsey Feekin Wichita St. Jr. 0.472 http://www.ncaa.com/stats/volleyball...t/individual/1

Are you surprised that the national hitting percentage leader is ignored by the MVC? Me either. Maybe we need another conference?
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
            http://www.mvc-sports.com/volleyball...tebook-oct-15/
            If you look at the weekly MVC Volleyball Weekly Notebook (Oct. 15), you see no mention of the player who has been leading the NCAA (D1) in hitting percentage for weeks now.

1 Chelsey Feekin Wichita St. Jr. 0.472 http://www.ncaa.com/stats/volleyball...t/individual/1

Are you surprised that the national hitting percentage leader is ignored by the MVC? Me either. Maybe we need another conference?
            Didn't she win Player of the Week a couple weeks ago? And she was mentioned in the "other notable performances" this week (and just about every other week).
            The conference tries to spread around the POW honors instead of giving it to the same player every week.

Comment

Perhaps it has more to do with the arguement of setter dumps being compared to hitter attacks. I can't believe that the MVC is not aware of her standing in the National Statistics. If they truely are clueless, than shame on them.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                Didn't she win Player of the Week a couple weeks ago? And she was mentioned in the "other notable performances" this week (and just about every other week).
                The conference tries to spread around the POW honors instead of giving it to the same player every week.
                The point is that she continues to lead the nation in hitting percentage. I was not saying that she should get the POW award but that some mention should be made of it in each weekly report. It is good publicity for the conference to have one of the conference's players as a national leader.
                Last edited by SpanglerFan316; October 16, 2012, 07:31 PM.
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Volleyballfan View Post
                  Perhaps it has more to do with the arguement of setter dumps being compared to hitter attacks. I can't believe that the MVC is not aware of her standing in the National Statistics. If they truely are clueless, than shame on them.
                  A point is a point and if setter dumps were so easy, why aren't there more of them?

You know that Chelsey is a "mark man (woman)" because the other Valley teams know how effective are her setter dumps and probably often shadow her with a blocker. When this shadowing occurs, it leaves the MB and OH with only one blocker and so makes the entire team more effective.

Frequent setter dumps require good passing; they are a team achievement. If the ball comes to the setter below the top of the net, then a dump is not possible (without a lift). A setter has to know the locations and know/guess the blocking scheme of the opponent at the moment she decides to dump the ball.

For Chelsey to have this kind of success, she has to be getting good passes and she has to use good judgement. The fact that she leads the nation says that she has a great (passing) backrow and that she picks her spots well.

How about this simple evaluation? Chelsey is amazing and WSU is a great passing team.

Comment

I will keep re-posting this all year as we are seeing an All American setter lead our team:

Congrats on a tough win. It is a W, move on. Surprised our setter is not getting more attention and press. I think she is one of the best we have ever had. We've had some of the best in the Valley. Chelsey has much more upside to utilize in the next two years. She is very talented, ask our middles.
                    GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st View Post
                      I will keep re-posting this all year as we are seeing an All American setter lead our team:

Congrats on a tough win. It is a W, move on. Surprised our setter is not getting more attention and press. I think she is one of the best we have ever had. We've had some of the best in the Valley. Chelsey has much more upside to utilize in the next two years. She is very talented, ask our middles.
                      Chelsey is very talented and I believe she is improving as she gets more and more matches under her belt. No doubt sitting on the bench for the most part of the past three seasons was not the best situation for Chelsey. Chelsey may not be the best setter in the MVC this year. That recognition probably belongs to Creighton's Megan Bober, but Chelsey is not far behind. I agree that Chelsey has more upside to utilize but she will have to do that with what is remaining of this year and next year as she is a Junior (damn it).

Comment

Working...
                      X