• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Finals

Nebraska 0-3 Texas
    22 14 11
    Wow. Surprised by those scores.

Almost sounds like Texas imposed their will and Nebraska wilted.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Wow. Surprised by those scores.

Almost sounds like Texas imposed their will and Nebraska wilted.
      First game was outstanding, the Texas coach was animated early.

Texas went on a mini run to decide the 2nd and Nebraska absolutely came unglued. They showed their youth for perhaps the first time all season.

B-Mag gets the runner up trophy.

Comment

“He makes sure to always support Wichita State volleyball on its journey.

“I’m proud of Chris Lamb and the Shockers for winning the NIVC. You know, that was big. I follow them all the time. I love, you know, the foundation they gave me. And so I always, you know, go for the Shocks when I see them,” he said.”

https://www.ksn.com/sports/shocker-a...ner-up-finish/
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

B-Mag = fantastic young man.

Comment

Am I the only one that didn’t know ex Shocker Phil Mendelson’s daughter pkays for Nebraska?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Am I the only one that didn’t know ex Shocker Phil Mendelson’s daughter pkays for Nebraska?
              No. I had even forgot that Phil left WSU after his junior year, sat out a year, and played for Weber State (another WSU) his senior year. Played less for them than he did at Wichita. Apparently stayed in Ogden, Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Finals

Nebraska 0-3 Texas
                22 14 11
                I was sure wrong about Nebraska being able to handle Texas's serving. 4 aces in a row for Asjia O'Neal, two before and two after a timeout and that was part of a 10-0 run. She ended up getting another ace to win the Championship.

Nebraska did not look like a team that had only lost one match. Scary that there are no seniors. Some players may enter the portal, but I'm sure they have another top incoming class.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

I don't think it's going to be that good against Nebraska. Nebraska has two of the best DS/liberoes in D1 volleyball. Don't like either team very much, but I'm pulling for Nebraska to win because that's what I have on my bracket.

I wonder how well they will do in the SEC with the likes of Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida, Missouri, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Georgia who all made the NCAA tournament this year. Yes, the SEC got 8 teams into the tournament. I think many teams like (Texas A&M 16-13, 8-10 in conference) got in because of their high RPI from to their conference schedules, adding Texas might make this worse.
                  I'm thinking that Texas volleyball will do just fine in the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Am I the only one that didn’t know ex Shocker Phil Mendelson’s daughter plays for Nebraska?
                    No, you most definitely were not.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstandard View Post

I'm thinking that Texas volleyball will do just fine in the SEC.
                      I'm sure they will.

My point is how having Texas in the SEC will change the RPIs of all the teams they play in the SEC. Higher RPIs may mean more teams from the SEC might get consideration for the NCAA. They got 8 in this year. Texas A&M got in with an 8-10 conference schedule, 16-13 overall. The team below Texas A&M in the SEC had a losing record. With Texas in the conference, any team with more wins than losses will get more consideration than teams with much better records from lesser conferences, like Wichita State.

Comment

Working...
                      X