Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker Volleyball Hosts UAB (Senior Night - Wed, 11/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The highlight for me was when they inserted Kylie Marneris to serve at 20-10 in set 3 on her senior night.

Looked to me like Kylie's teammates were bound and determined to have Kylie serve out the match and she did.
    I'll second that. I so wanted her to serve an ace. She did have an assist.

Sophia was the first to ten kills, finishing with 12, hitting .348. Swifty also broke double digits and finished with 13, hitting .524. Brylee hit .312, getting 7 kills. Frosty had 7 kills and hit .667. Webby had 5 kills, including the last two of the match. Izzi had 3 kills and 35 assists.

Brylee and Frosty had 5 block assists, Swifty-3, Sophia-2, and Izzi, Webby and Lauren each had 1 block assist.

Shockers totally outplayed UAB. Shockers hit .374 (47 13 91). UAB hit .012 (17 16 83). Shockers had 40 assists, UAB had 16. Shockers had 46 digs, UAB had 25. Shockers had 3 aces and 2 service errors, UAB had 2 aces and 6 service errors.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      West 21-14 East and 78-48 in sets
      I think this is the only week where, if my math is right, the east beat the west (Weeks that had multiple interdivisional games).

I didn't think Rice was going to make the tourney, but losing to USF should kill any hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter's Pa View Post

I think this is the only week where, if my math is right, the east beat the west (Weeks that had multiple interdivisional games).
        I think that is correct.

Another observation. All of the UAB sets were high, very high. I am confident that is by design, but UAB does not have a bunch of 6'4" leapers to get on top of those sets. BWDIK.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          The highlight for me was when they inserted Kylie Marneris to serve at 20-10 in set 3 on her senior night.

Looked to me like Kylie's teammates were bound and determined to have Kylie serve out the match and she did.
          I thought this was the case but I wanted to check the stats before posting it. Kylie's appearance on the service line for the final 5 points of the set was her first and only appearance in a match this season.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 23, 2023, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X