Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm

Comment

Another “wait until next year” while the man in the mirror still doesn’t see himself.

It’s time for Lamb to win or leave. Perhaps he should change position and responsibilities with his wife while he blows up balloons and spends all day analyzing data points. You don’t see Bill James coaching for a reason.

Did the tailspin start to happen when Lamb’s wife stopped coaching?

Comment

The Shox just went undefeated in the American, and hosted the NCAA Regional two years ago in 2018-19. His wife's been in her present position for maybe 10 years or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          The Shox just went undefeated in the American, and hosted the NCAA Regional two years ago in 2018-19. His wife's been in her present position for maybe 10 years or more.
          Actually it was the fall of 2017 when the Shocks went 20-0 in the American and hosted the NCAA Regionals. Since then the Shocks have gone 14-18, 9-19 and 9-8. That said I believe Lambo will have a lot longer leash than Veritas is willing to give Lambo. Shannon has been in her present position for 12 seasons now. IMO, she is still a very valuable member of the Volleyball staff in her present role.

The AAC has gotten quite a bit better as volleyball conference, ironically partly due to Lambo pushing them to make some changes and to pay more attention to the sport.

I don't know how long of a leash he will have but considering his long-term record and the fact the athletic program's existence is not dependent on Volleyball I think his leash is pretty long. Would he at some point decide to move on to another program if the Shocks can't return to their winning ways? I don't really know. Maybe, maybe not. More likely he would decide to move on if the financial support continues to diminish especially in support for recruiting assuming there are attractive opportunities for him. Historically, it seems as if there is not a lot of movement in the Volleyball coaching ranks as compared to both Men and Women's basketball for example.

Comment

Wait, where was Veritas on firing Gene??

Comment

The excuses made for Lambo each year are insane!

Did 1972shocker just say Lambo pushed the AAC to get better at volleyball? And ironically that's why he can't win now! My goodness.

Chris Lamb is such a genius that he was able to push an entire conference to be better at volleyball due to HIS input! So lucky to have the crazy mind of Chris Lamb impart his volleyball wisdom on the league to make it SOOOOO good that his own team is now not #1. That sounds like a really good idea.

What a volleyball mad scientist! He's got his fanbase believing he knows so much about volleyball that he actually made OTHER programs better! While at the same time having them believe he has his own program under control, while LOSING!

During the time his program has falling off the map, he has been graciously helping other College programs figure out volleyball.

Did they build a smaller venue with less wind affecting serves?
              Did they start a beach program?
              Did he teach them how to "be good at winning"?

Go back and look in the News items from the Go Shockers page.

6/13/17
              Intro to Austin Hosto as coach. The link is actually gone and so is he.

1/17/18
              Micheala Putnicki was excited to transfer in and be a Shocker for Spring practices. Never made it to the fall.

11/15/18
              Talks about his recruits. 7 of them. Compare today to back then. Where's the impact he was taking about. Sophia Rohling is a hit!! Back then he was going to train her to possibly set!!

4/22/19
              Team was disinterested and immature.

10/17/19
              Fast paced middles are the "staple of the program." Chinelo Ogogor was a next level athlete! Now, we are looking for Pins and Chinelo is not a Shocker.

9/10/20
              Bullish on Chinelo, must not have known she'd be gone??

1/21/21
              Excited for the Littles, of which neither player discussed is still even in that role 2 months later. The narrative on Gio was that she was injured and maybe wanting to go back home. Nope. She's playing well for the #1 team in the country.

Now, we are talking about data points that show we need pins and then not discussing anything about them!

Don't forget, his "volleyball 101" fundraiser started because he wanted to teach uneducated Wichitans about the sport. 20 years later, he's brainwashed you all into believing he's the best in the country. Shouldn't we be at "volleyball 201 or 301" by now? I guess maybe you should ask him. The rest of the AAC has????

Unbelievable what he has you all believing!

Last edited by jimshocker; March 30, 2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't know if he is the best in the country, nor am I an expert but I'm smart enough to know that you have an axe to grind, and prior to the Lamb's coming to town, our volleyball program had been atrocious. Since Lamb, our record is 436-197 following the 2019 season(19 years).

Some of what you say has at least some truth to it (we definitely haven't had a great two year period), and I personally know a couple of local parents who had daughters on the team the past few years who don't care for him but their daughters also had a difficult time getting on the court. Logic tells me that they and you have a "slant" to what you are saying.

Good Luck on your Volleyball goals within the WSU community.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  I wouldn't know if he is the best in the country, nor am I an expert but I'm smart enough to know that you have an axe to grind, and prior to the Lamb's coming to town, our volleyball program had been atrocious. Since Lamb, our record is 436-197 following the 2019 season(19 years).

Some of what you say has at least some truth to it (we definitely haven't had a great two year period), and I personally know a couple of local parents who had daughters on the team the past few years who don't care for him but their daughters also had a difficult time getting on the court. Logic tells me that they and you have a "slant" to what you are saying.

Good Luck on your Volleyball goals within the WSU community.

Chinelo Ogogor
                  Grace Burken
                  Gio Civita
                  Tabitha Brown
                  Kora Kauling

Did not have a difficult time getting on the court.

My goal is to ask the WSU Vball community to wonder about things rather than be ok with next year. I agree the AAC is better at volleyball than the Valley. That's the conference now.

Houston was terrible when WSU joined the conference and went 20-0. In the same time WSU has fallen, Houston has risen. It does not take years to fix a program, it takes the right leadership. The proof is right in front of us.

Step it up.

Gene had the baseball program going well when there was no competition. And then others got better. He made demands for facilities and got his facilities and wants. And never stepped it up.

How long does this go with volleyball before the the excuses stop?

Chris was very good and WSU volleyball competed until others got better. Now Chris is making demands and excuses about facilities and beach volleyball. Coach better with what you have.

WSU has a pattern of allowing their high profile coaches to manipulate their fanbase.

Baseball blew up.

HCGM and WSU Men's basketball blew up after years of manipulation. Isaac Brown did amazing under the circumstances.

Now we have a similar situation in volleyball.

How long does it go?

Does Wichita State University control their programs or do their coaches?

Last edited by jimshocker; March 30, 2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Jesus God you need to stop. You're a rambling idiot.

In fact, just go hang out with Erik Stevenson's dad. Sounds like the 2 of you would have a lot in common.

Perhaps I am on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by jimshocker View Post

Chinelo Ogogor
                      Grace Burken
                      Gio Civita
                      Tabitha Brown
                      Kora Kauling

Did not have a difficult time getting on the court.

My goal is to ask the WSU Vball community to wonder about things rather than be ok with next year. I agree the AAC is better at volleyball than the Valley. That's the conference now.

Houston was terrible when WSU joined the conference and went 20-0. In the same time WSU has fallen, Houston has risen. It does not take years to fix a program, it takes the right leadership. The proof is right in front of us.

Step it up.

Gene had the baseball program going well when there was no competition. And then others got better. He made demands for facilities and got his facilities and wants. And never stepped it up.

How long does this go with volleyball before the the excuses stop?

Chris was very good and WSU volleyball competed until others got better. Now Chris is making demands and excuses about facilities and beach volleyball. Coach better with what you have.

WSU has a pattern of allowing their high profile coaches to manipulate their fanbase.

Baseball blew up.

HCGM and WSU Men's basketball blew up after years of manipulation. Isaac Brown did amazing under the circumstances.

Now we have a similar situation in volleyball.

How long does it go?

Does Wichita State University control their programs or do their coaches?

If you were serious, you would reveal yourself and your agenda. Clearly just a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Wait, where was Veritas on firing Gene??
                        Gene was still winning moval championship. Poor analogy

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          Well, by that logic Coach stays. Done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            Is Lambo being paid at the same level among volleyball coaches than Gene was being paid among all baseball coaches? Gene was being paid at a level that pretty much required WSU to win the regular season and/or the league tournament every year. He had not done both in the same year for his last 9 years and not done either for 2 of the last 3 years. After he had won the Valley regular season for 14 seasons in a row, he had only done 5 of his last 13 years. After qualifying for the NCAA tournament 22 of 23 years, he had only done it 1 of 4 years. Gene's team's performance needed to be commensurate with his salary. Am asking most of this, because I do not know at what level of pay Lamb is on a national level. I knew what top college baseball coaches made (and what was expected of that by their schools'), but so in volleyball.

How would Lamb be doing if we were still in the Valley? How well would Gene have done had he been coaching those last 4 or so years in the AAC?

How does Lamb and Stevenson compare in "off the field" problems?

I think all of this needs to be laid out before we start making comparisons and that it be done by those making such comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Well, by that logic Coach stays. Done deal.
                              Your logic is badly flawed. Do some research and get back to the discussion when better prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Is Lambo being paid at the same level among volleyball coaches than Gene was being paid among all baseball coaches? Gene was being paid at a level that pretty much required WSU to win the regular season and/or the league tournament every year. He had not done both in the same year for his last 9 years and not done either for 2 of the last 3 years. After he had won the Valley regular season for 14 seasons in a row, he had only done 5 of his last 13 years. After qualifying for the NCAA tournament 22 of 23 years, he had only done it 1 of 4 years. Gene's team's performance needed to be commensurate with his salary. Am asking most of this, because I do not know at what level of pay Lamb is on a national level. I knew what top college baseball coaches made (and what was expected of that by their schools'), but so in volleyball.

How would Lamb be doing if we were still in the Valley? How well would Gene have done had he been coaching those last 4 or so years in the AAC?

How does Lamb and Stevenson compare in "off the field" problems?

I think all of this needs to be laid out before we start making comparisons and that it be done by those making such comparisons.

Lamb would be doing ok if his wife was still the deaf to head coach

I don’t see any losing records with Gene. Comparing Lamb to Gene is comparing Pluto to the Sun.
                                Terrible comparisons. Try a different misdirection tactic such as comparing the past 4 years of Lamb “O” with Butler’s Shocker coaching career. Similar results.

Comment

Working...
                                X