No announcement yet.

Drake and Creighton Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed attending this weekend's matches, but just watched the highlights.

Looks like the Shocks were very efficient, and Sam hit some real missiles!

Good weekend and hopefully the ladies can continue building on their recent success!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Anytime you can sweep a solid team like Creighton with only 5 kills out of Emily Adney you've got something going.

Emily only hit 0.111 (5-3-18) but I'm not sure it was that she played so poorly as it was that Creighton was targeting her defensively. Ashley and Sam made the Bluejays pay dearly for that strategy. Also it sure didn't hurt that the Shocks outblocked Creighton 12 - 4.

I was also pleased to see the Shocks respond positively to Creighton's stronger effort in Set 3.

You can also clearly see that the Shocks have been working very hard on their serving. A number of the Ladies have really got the little tear-drop serve the just clears the net down pat and they are mixing those in well together with their other harder serves.

That said I think this team still has some room to grow and now that they have settled into the MVC routine hopefully we will continue to see some incremental growth and improvement.

Still a lot of wood to chop. The Shocks need to fine tune the machine this coming weekend at Evansville and SIU in preparation for our opportunity for revenge against MSU in Springfield on Friday, October 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        I was also pleased to see the Shocks respond positively to Creighton's stronger effort in Set 3.

You can also clearly see that the Shocks have been working very hard on their serving.
        I thought the difference in Set 3 was that we were not winning serve/receive to the extent we did in the earlier sets. BWDIK. And "yes" on the variety of service.

Comment

Do you think the late Sam Snead would object if we borrowed his nickname for a few years?

Slammin' Sammie Sanders or we could just call her Triple S.

Comment

Sully's comments re: SSS:

Bam — WSU volleyball player Sam Sanders is one of those buzz-worthy athletes, kind of like when former Shocker Conor Gillaspie came to bat and everybody in Eck Stadium paid attention.

When the ball goes to Sanders, it's defenders who better pay attention to the sophomore outside hitter. Her leaping ability and power arm produce booming shots that the Koch Arena crowd loves. Sanders can hear the oohs and aahs when she blasts away.

"I get the chills," she said.

So do her teammates.

"It's a huge pump-up factor for us," sophomore Ashley Andrade said. "All of us jump up on the bench and go crazy and chest-bump each other. It's a lot of fun watching that."
            Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/12/205...#ixzz1aZzdG5aq

Comment

Working...
            X