Tabitha Brown leaving the program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabitha Brown leaving the program?

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Was she not a senior this past season?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe she was a senior, but received an extra year of eligibility from the NCAA. Probably wouldn’t happen with a men’s (maybe women’s?) basketball player.

The news on Tabitha broke on November 24th (Senior Day) and was discussed a little bit on this thread starting with comment #9.1 (which I think was actually intended to respond to post #10).

The most detail I have heard previously was watching the Yurview.com replay of the November 24th North Texas match and Shane Dennis reported that Tabitha had been granted an additional year of eligibility which, according to Shane, Lambo called it an unprecedented and unusual ruling by the NCAA and Shane also said that Tabitha will decide at a later date whether she wants to continue her volleyball career at Wichita State.

After that we have had no news on Tabitha's status.

That said I don't think her transferring (if this tweet is accurate) is a big surprise. Bringing her back on scholarship would have required Lambo to renege on an existing scholarship commitment although perhaps Abby Pugh transferring may have freed up a scholarship. So who knows.

Comment

From where I was sitting this year, this is great news. It's time to let a new set of players develop.

Comment

Totally agree Moose!

Comment

nm
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

All-American hitter Tabitha Brown is transferring from WSU for graduate year

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...224802325.html
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck Tabitha and get that Masters.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            All-American hitter Tabitha Brown is transferring from WSU for graduate year

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...224802325.html
            Very nice article and sounds like a win-win for all parties involved. Tabitha gets a year of grad school at a top-notch university close to home paid for. Lambo does not have to figure out how to deal with perhaps an issue with his scholarship limits. Rice gets a very good player. Lambo can start putting together his team of the future. Lambo and WSU come out looking like good guys (which they are) for helping Tabitha and her family get this done.

BTW, the Shockers have done this before. Giorgia Civita was slightly over the 30% of matches played in her freshman year when she went down with a knee injury and the Shockers were also able to get her a medical waiver. Maybe where Tabitha's Mom got the idea. I think Korey Torgerson does a pretty good job in this area irrespective of how the Teddy Allen deal worked out. Maybe the difference is it's volleyball and men's basketball.

Good luck Tabitha and thanks for helping the Shocks to some really nice achievements in your time as a Shocker.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 19, 2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X