Shocks vs INS and ILS to open MVC Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs INS and ILS to open MVC Play

Shocks take on the Sycamores tonight at 7:00 and host the Redbirds Saturday night at 7:00.

Time to see if the tough pre-season schedule has paid off and, hopefully, the Shock will get off to a strong start to the conference season.

INS is 7-3 and ILS is 8-4 but both have played pretty soft schedules especially in comparison to the Shocks schedule.

INS did handle Eastern Illinois much easier than the Shocks did though.

INS picked to finish 9th in the MVC and ILS picked 5th in the preseason polls.

Shocker Volleyball has become one of our most consistently strong programs and the Ladies deserve our support. Besides it is very entertaining. Doubt that we will have another show like the OU match this weekend but you never know. Shocks always seems to get other MVC teams best shot.

:goshocks:

WSU 2-0
    25-14, 25-19

Added: WSU 3-0
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Shocks with an easy, but at times uninspired, sweep of an overmatched Sycamore team.

Not surprising to have some let down after the outstanding effort and comeback against OU.

ILS jumped out to a 2-0 lead over MSU in Springfield tonight, but the Bears rallied for a 3-2 win over the Redbirds.

ILS should provided more resistance tomorrow than the Sycamores did tonight. Shocks will need to focus throughout tomorrow's match. They seemed to zone in and out at itmes during tonight's match.

I was a little surprised that we did not see Chelsey Feekin in tonight's match although not sure what the substitution situation was.

:goshocks:

Comment

BTW, INS either forgot what their school colors are or they forgot their uni's and had to borrow the Shocks road uni's.

:roll:

Comment

Chelsey had a wrap on her hand and wrist I didn't see her warm up or anything. I think she is out this weekend. A lot of hurt ladys tonight.
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
            Chelsey had a wrap on her hand and wrist I didn't see her warm up or anything. I think she is out this weekend. A lot of hurt ladys tonight.
            Thanks, I did not see that.

BTW, no doubt about Audry Biggs redshirt status now as she did get in for a short-time last night.

Comment

I may as well bury this here.

Pablo Rankings at the start of the MVC conference schedule:

10 UNI
              46 Missouri State
              54 Wichita State
              57 Creighton
              96 Illinois State
              138 Evansville
              164 Southern Illinois
              186 Drake
              216 Bradley
              243 Indiana State

The values begin with those from the end of the previous season, so they take awhile to shake out.

Comment

Shocks with a very solid, dominating 11, 15, 15 sweep of the Redbirds.

ILS jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead in Set 1. From that point it was pretty much all Shockers.

:good: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Boy that was pretty good. .445 for the match is about as good as you are going to get.

The Shocks have certainly announced their presence with authority early in the conference season.

And it's VERY nice to see Camri playing without too much distress.

Good week, VERY good week for our ladies.

What did everyone think about the Volleyball song?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    I liked it, but I did not catch any of the background on it. Who wrote it, sung it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      I liked it, but I did not catch any of the backrground on it. Who wrote it, sung it, etc.

Actually, I think it might have been the long lost B side of The Bookend Forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        I liked it, but I did not catch any of the backrground on it. Who wrote it, sung it, etc.
                        Elizabeth Field's Dad's band I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn

Elizabeth Field's Dad's band I believe.

That's pretty darned cool. :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                          X