X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayJ79
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    By the way Shocker fans......

D3 UNI drew about 6500 last night for their match with Iowa State.

Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
    D3?
    You're right, that's being kind. NAIA.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

D3?
      J, honestly, no personal offense intended. I have nothing but respect for the UNI Volleyball program.

I've been upset since the Valley added UNI and Evansville. You are what you are.

Comment

Nice win ladies.

Hopefully, this gets them back on a more consistent track.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Nice win ladies.

Hopefully, this gets them back on a more consistent track.
          How consistent they are will probably depend on how Camri's leg feels. Apparently, nothing much has been resolved. They seem to have ruled out any fractures or breaks, but it doesn't sound like they really know what is causing her pain.

She missed Tuesday's practice and wore a walking boot on her left leg. A bone scan Wednesday morning revealed nothing broken in her shin, the area that caused her pain in recent days. Zwiesler totaled 19 kills and 23 digs.

The situation was serious enough that Lamb said he investigated redshirt options. For now, he will monitor Zwiesler's health and hope she can play. The problem, Lamb said, could be nerve-related or in her lower back.

"We're going to talk to Camri about how she feels and how she feels means everything," Lamb said. "We're just reacting on how she feels, and that's where we're at."
          Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/09/15/201...#ixzz1Y1ej2jhf

Comment

Bone scan showed no fracture/breaks. Looks like they are leaning towards a lower back issue. Maybe a compressed or bulging disc that is pinching a nerve which in turn causes pain to radiate down into her leg. Hopefully some therapy to strengthen her core muscle group and lots of Advil will do the trick and keep her healthy.
            Anyone who has ever had a bulging disc or herniated disc understands the pain this can cause. Been there--done that. This is usually an older persons' problem, but surprised you don't hear about it more often with all the jumping and pounding these girls do. Their backs, arms, shins, ankles, feet, shoulders, knees...sure take a beating. Pray for everyone to stay healthy as this team has done some wonderful things already this year!!

Comment

D3?
              J, honestly, no personal offense intended. I have nothing but respect for the UNI Volleyball program.

I've been upset since the Valley added UNI and Evansville. You are what you are.
              Haha, I thought you were calling out their school, not any specific program.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"you are what you are", perhaps.
                But UNI has never been a member of division 3.

I can understand how the addition would upset you, as UNI coming in has meant WSU has had to take a back seat in the standings of various sports most years..... :D

sorry, I'm not really one for such smack talk. but I couldn't pass it by in this case.

Comment

This was one of, if not the, best VB game involving WSU that I have seen, and to witness it in person was really something. I kept saying that "we are not going quietly into the night" after losing the first two sets by squeeky margins, but had no idea these young ladies could reach that deep and win the next three sets against a ranked opponent. WOW is all I have to say. It was really something to witness.

Comment

I just checked out the highlights on goshockers.com. Nice video but could someone let the WSU A/V people know that volleyball matches are divided up into sets, not games? :roll:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The only match that can rival this one is the MVC tournament championship of 2004.
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Wichita State’s banner king http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2...s-banner-king/[/b]
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                        X