Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSU Rams Classic - Out of the Frying Pan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:yahoo: :goshocks: :yahoo: :goshocks:
    WSU wins 15-11.

That was too close, but wonderful to see the girls re-group and come together.

Not sure what to think about them playing OU. At least it is at home--finally.

Probably won't know anything about Camri til Monday when she sees a doctor and gets some tests done.

The team did great!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
      Originally posted by sistyugler
      Jordan Hinkle and Audrey Biggs are seeing some playing time.
      And because this is an exhibition match, they do not lose their redshirt. But did Jordan Hinkle actually play? I am looking at GT stats, not listening to the radio, and I never trust those when they only show one "play".
      Only Audrey played. Lambo noted in the post-game that she now *has* lost her redshirt. He also noted that Chelsey may play as part of a 4-2 if Camri cannot go. He thought it was successful as a system in the fourth set against Northern Colorado, just too many hitting errors.

Comment

Unfortunately my concerns about the Nothern Colorado match were born out, but I have to wonder if that would have been the case if we had a healthy Z on the floor. Not to take anything away from Northern Colorado though as they are solid team.

Losing Camri is much worse news than losing the match. BTW, has anyone heard what the nature of Camri's injury is?

I was actually pleased that we were able to win the Nova KBM match without Camri and with Hooper sitting this one out. Turns out this was a perfect time to have an exhibition match on the schedule.

Hoping and praying that your injury is not too serious Z.

Our chances of staying with OU without Z are not very good. However, I do think we can compete in the MVC without Z if we have to.

:goshocks:

Comment

And because this is an exhibition match, they do not lose their redshirt. But did Jordan Hinkle actually play? I am looking at GT stats, not listening to the radio, and I never trust those when they only show one "play".
          Only Audrey played. Lambo noted in the post-game that she now *has* lost her redshirt. He also noted that Chelsey may play as part of a 4-2 if Camri cannot go. He thought it was successful as a system in the fourth set against Northern Colorado, just too many hitting errors.
          Actually Jordan also played a little. However, Jordan would not redshirt anyway because she used her redshirt year last year at Central Michigan.

I'm still not clear if Audrey actually burned her redshirt by playing in an exhibition. However, if Z can't go Audrey will probably be in the rotation.

Comment

I talked to Cam's family and they are not sure what her injury is just yet and will wait for a doctor to do a thorough work up on Monday. Pain in leg started last week, but just got to be too much on Saturday. Pretty sure Lamb will release details when he knows more.

The family mentioned in all her years of playing (11?) that nothing has ever sidelined her due to injury. I heard that she played with separated ribs last year. Really? Ouch....so pretty sure if the doctor gives her the green light she will be on the floor no matter what.

These volleyball girls are TOUGH! Lots of them out there playing with injuries, maybe not serious to them, but would probably sideline me and my fellow posters for weeks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Actually Jordan also played a little. However, Jordan would not redshirt anyway because she used her redshirt year last year at Central Michigan.

I'm still not clear if Audrey actually burned her redshirt by playing in an exhibition. However, if Z can't go Audrey will probably be in the rotation.
              Re Jordan Hinkle: Okay. As above, not hearing the broadcast, GT was the "source" that she played, and GT stats are not a reliable source when it appears a player has been in the match for a very short period of time. However, Chris did state that Audrey had taken off her redshirt by playing against Nova. But he could be mistaken, I suppose. Mike noted that the stats do not count, so I could easily imagine that the entire game "never existed" and Audrey did not lose her redshirt. Come Wednesday, however ...

Comment

Has anyone heard anything more on Camri?
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Has anyone heard anything more on Camri?
                  I had intended to listen to Lambo's radio show tonight on 1410 but was not able to.

Anyone else catch the show and if so did Lambo have anything to report about Camri?

Comment

I missed part of it, but the jest of it was they were still unsure how the injury was going to affect her, and if it was going to be an on again/off again thing that she was under the number of games to do a medical redshirt. Other that that, I didn't hear what he said about the injury.

Comment

I missed part of it too, but heard there is a bone scan scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11:00. Sounds like we may not know anything until Lamb does his pre-game tomorrow. And even then all the results may not be in yet.......

Comment

I didn't get to listen to the show either but am surprised that Lambo would be talking about a medical redshirt before getting a diagnosis. Don't you have to have a season ending injury such as the one that Bayliff endured? DIdn't she play the entire game against CSU? Kennedy never said that she was struggling in that game and in fact wasn't she the star? This really baffles me and maybe we are misunderstanding what Lambo is suggesting. This team really needs her even if it is later in the season and for post season.

Comment

More on Camri:

Senior outside hitter Camri Zwiesler watched practice wearing a walking boot on her left foot Tuesday and her availability for tonight is a question.

"We're being really cautious with it," she said.

Zwiesler leads WSU (4-4) with 92 kills and 11 service aces. Her 75 digs are second on the team. Her absence for any long period of time would be a serious blow. She was scheduled to see a doctor Tuesday afternoon and for a bone scan today. Until she knows more, she is uncertain how to describe the injury to her shin. Zwiesler said the pain started in practice last week and felt similar to a calf cramp.

"I don't know, really, what to say," she said. "I get a bone scan (today) to see what exactly is wrong because they can't figure it out. They don't know if anything is broken."

Zwiesler played in Friday's 3-1 win at No. 14 Colorado State, a match in which she contributed 12 kills and six aces. She took herself out of Saturday's loss to Northern Colorado because of the pain.

"It was too much," she said.
                          Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/09/14/201...#ixzz1XviFGIh2

Comment

Working...
                          X