No announcement yet.

Shocks Host Tulane and Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note about juco players. The daughter of a friend was a 2nd team NJCAA All-American last year as a sophomore 6'0 OH at Hutch, which is a consistent top-20 program now. She transferred to AAC conference-mate ECU. It's hard to say how good they are this year (mediocre, I think), but she has only played in 5 sets so far (out of 35), hitting -.111.
    Last edited by RoyalShock; September 24, 2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Pretty interesting, although not a particularly encouraging, post-Memphis match interview with Lambo:

One player not mentioned in the pre-game or post-game comments was Regan Stiawalt. I don't think Regan is injured again but she played very poorly against Tulane (0-3-6 = -.500 in 2 sets) and did not play at all against Memphis. Regan who seemed to be moving up with a bullet in Lambo's eyes may have played herself into a bench role for now.

Lambo suggesting that he may well pull the redshirts off of Chinello Ogogor and Brooke Smith.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 24, 2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Other AAC scores from Sunday:

Temple 0-3 SMU
        21 24 22

UConn 3-1 Houston
        16 18 (23) 18

Tulane 0-3 Tulsa
        20 22 24

The Shockers, SMU and Tulsa are all at 2-0, while UCF and Cincinnati are both at 1-0.
        I previously suggested that Houston's non-conference record, which ended up being 13-2, was probalby fool's gold. That seems to be born out by the 1st weekend of AAC play with Houston losing at home in a tight 5-set loss to Temple and in a 4-set loss to UConn by scores of 16-25, 18-25, 25-23 and 18-25.

Perhaps it was the Houston coach who told Lambo that their contract contained bonuses based on number of wins.

Comment

Working...
        X