JUCO Transfers? . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUCO Transfers? . . .

Was at the JUCO BB Tourney in Hutch this week and noticed the Volleyball banners for Hutch in the rafters.
    Have we or do we ever recruit JUCO transfers to WSU? Any success stories or by the time they are a Junior is it too late to develop into the "Lambo way"?
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    Was at the JUCO BB Tourney in Hutch this week and noticed the Volleyball banners for Hutch in the rafters.
    Have we or do we ever recruit JUCO transfers to WSU? Any success stories or by the time they are a Junior is it too late to develop into the "Lambo way"?
    I started following Shocker volleyball in 2003. I can't recall any Juco transfers on our roster. We have had a number of very good D-1 transfers (Emily Stockman, Camri Zwiesler and Jody Larson in the past and the two recent transfers Michaela PutnickI and Kali Eaken).

Emily came in as a sophomore, Camri and Jody came into the program as Juniors, Michaela will be a sophomore and Kali will be a senior.

Perhaps part of it is preferring high school players for the "Lambo Way" and I suspect another, perhaps more important part, is simply a matter of talent.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 27, 2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I agree 72, would have to believe that a high percentage of girls do not go the Juco route to get academically eligible. Most are there because they were not at the D1 level when they left HS. Also the Lambo system is very difficult to learn. I remember Abbie and Emily H. saying that the redshirt year was the best thing for them in learning it.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
        Also the Lambo system is very difficult to learn. I remember Abbie and Emily H. saying that the redshirt year was the best thing for them in learning it.
        It will be interesting to see how quickly Kali Eaken absorbs Lambo's system assuming she will be in the mix. Of course, I would think a 5th year senior who has played in high level prorams would pick things up much quicker than a 1st year player out of high school.

Comment

Working...
        X