Wichita State vs Radford University - NCAA Round of 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

There was nothing about tonight's turnout that was midmajor. The lectures about the spoiled fanbase are getting tiresome.
    You're right, and I admitted my error. Fans turned out in large numbers. This program means a lot to me, and I know I have a tendency to wear my emotions on my sleeve. I want Chris and Shannon to feel appreciated (the girls too). We don't get these opportunities very often. I'm thrilled the fan base showed so well and glad I look like an idiot with my comment. The people that matter are the ones getting the support, and nothing could make me happier.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Here is what I have found:

Nebraska: 8213
      Wichita State: 7257
      Minnesota: 4526
      Kentucky: 4005
      Texas: 3817
      Penn State: 3210
      Iowa State: 3033
      BYU: 2942
      Washington: 2814
      Creighton: 2517
      Florida: 2215 & 3078
      Utah: 1792 & 2077
      Baylor: 1610
      Stanford: 1468
      UCLA: 1057
      USC: 599

Your guess that we would come it at #2 behind Nebraska looks correct (and the gap to #3 with Minnesota at 4526 is pretty large).
      Nebraska is maxed out. Would be nice to have the highest number for the 2nd round.

Comment

• Doc and I were discussing that the lower bowl was more filled than it is for some men’s basketball games.
        78-65

Comment

• Does anyone have the NCAA attendance rankings for 2016 and this year?

Comment

• Regarding attendance...some of you regulars need to help the rest of us out with the noise-making. I try to attend a couple matches a year, and I'm never quite sure what to do with my hands.

Regarding the match.... I only made it out to the SMU match this season. I thought we looked much better than in that match, against what seemed like a comparable team. Whatever Radford was doing sure let the Shox get off some big swings.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Here is what I have found:

Nebraska: 8213
              Wichita State: 7257
              Minnesota: 4526
              Kentucky: 4005
              Texas: 3817
              Penn State: 3210
              Iowa State: 3033
              BYU: 2942
              Washington: 2814
              Creighton: 2517
              Florida: 2215 & 3078
              Utah: 1792 & 2077
              Baylor: 1610
              Stanford: 1468
              UCLA: 1057
              USC: 599

Your guess that we would come it at #2 behind Nebraska looks correct (and the gap to #3 with Minnesota at 4526 is pretty large).
              Wasn't the highest attendance at a home baseball game this year about 3500 against KU? WSU fans love a winner!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wasn't the highest attendance at a home baseball game this year about 3500 against KU? WSU fans love a winner!
                We actually had an attendance over 3000 last year? Must've been a lot of Walmart KU fans at that one.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Does anyone have the NCAA attendance rankings for 2016 and this year?
                  In 2016, the Shockers averaged 2264, twelfth in the country. This year, the Shockers averaged 2700, tenth in the country. Given the date on the attendance table for 2016, it appears the post-season attendance will be averaged in and the 2700 number will rise.

Regarding the 2016 attendance, the Shockers were consistently in the Top 10 in attendance until the Valley began putting matches on ESPN3. Even at that, they remained in the Top 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    Does anyone have the NCAA attendance rankings for 2016 and this year?
                    Looks like Wichita State was 9th in average attendance this year according to the ncaa web site: http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport...king_period=46
                    1 Nebraska Big Ten 131,329 8,208
                    2 Hawaii Big West 121,523 6,396
                    3 Wisconsin Big Ten 95,680 5,980
                    4 Minnesota Big Ten 69,906 4,993
                    5 Penn St. Big Ten 50,209 3,586
                    6 Texas Big 12 42,990 3,583
                    7 Florida Southeastern 54,871 3,228
                    8 Michigan St. Big Ten 40,834 3,141
                    9 Wichita St. AAC 36,958 3,080
                    10 North Carolina Atlantic Coast 40,226 2,873

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That does not appear to include Saturday night's match vs Missouri. With that included the Shocks will average 3,401 for the season.

I believe that Penn State and Florida (along with Stanford and Kentucky) will be hosting NCAA Sweet 16 and Elite 8 matches next weekend.

Looks like we will move up to 7th and will finish 7th or 8th depending on what Florida will do next weekend. Florida drew 3,078 for their 2nd round win over Miami last night. Their arena will hold 12,000.

This is a a new Wichita State program best for a season. However, this year's regular season excluding our first ever NCAA games at home was 5th best in the program's history.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 3, 2017, 09:26 AM.

• flyingMoose
                      flyingMoose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am going to be curious next fall in the number of additional season ticket holders.

• I was a little surprised that Saturday's night's attendance was only 1 more than Friday's attendance of 7,257 seats but I was thinking they would report paid attendance like they do in the regular season and all of the KU All-Session no shows would be counted. Apparently that is not the case. I would appear that attendance for these NCAA events in reported based on actual butts in the seats that come through the turnstiles and enough additional Shocker fans showed up Saturday to offset the loss of KU (and Radford) fans from Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                    X