• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MEH

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Originally posted by xazshox
    Another question besides the one tha asked why Ashley Andrade didn't play in the game with Nebraska is whether or not Mary Ellen Hooper played or not. I do not see her name in the box score above, so she must still be letting a sore leg heal. That was a pretty signficant player to miss this game and for WSU to still do pretty well agailnst a national power. On the other hand, it had to be good experience for Chelsey Feekin to be the main setter for WSU in this particular game.
    Mary Elizabeth is out the entire spring due to her stress fracture. Hopefully she can rest it enough that it fully heals so that it doesn't continue to be an on-going problem.

That said, as you noted, it is good for Chelsey to get these reps and she acquitted herself quite nicely it appears (especially attacking from the setter position). It will be interesting to see if we find a way to split time between her and MEH next year (which would be great both to get one of our more talented players on the floor and limit the reps on MEH's legs).

I didn't realize Hoop had a stress fracture but one way or the other, Chelsey was going to get most if not all the time in the spring anyway.

We need to get her some reps and see where her strengths are going to be and how best to utilize them.

Leg injuries are a part of the women's game unfortunately, and with any luck the ladies will be back to full speed in the late summer, early fall.

VBF, outside of Nebraska, which is in itself a bit of an anomaly, what schools get good coverage on spring volleyball?

I, as much as anyone, would love to see wall to wall video coverage of our fine program 24/7, but I don't know what kind of expectations are realistic here.
    IAmWu posted the information about MEH's injury being a stress fracture (as well as reporting on Andrade's injury) in another thread.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I heard that the Nebraska match was pretty good. WSU has some players who are trying to recover from dings, etc. I think the team will be good in the fall.

From a good source, I heard that Waldo played outstanding defense. Did anybody here go to the match?
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
      X