Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA VB Tournament

A few upsets today.

Middle Tennessee State with perhaps the biggest upset knocking off #11 Hawaii in 4 games.

Oregon knocks #9 K-State out of the Tournament winning Game 4 by a 36-34 score than taking a 15-11 win in Game 5.

Iowa State sweeps #7 Wisconsin away.

Unranked BYU in 5 games over #6 Washington.

Michigan State over #15 Dayton (although I would consider this a mild upset at best).

Michigan sweeps #14 Colorado State out of the tournament. (Again perhaps a mild upset at best, especially considering they played in Ann Arbor).

As Lambo said, get past the Top 4 teams in the country and there is a lot of parity today in Women's VB. 6 of the Top 16 seeds elimated in Round 2.

The attendance at the KSU sub-regional was IMHO pretty lousy.

They drew 1,572 to their Round 1 Match vs Tulsa and only 1,261 to their Round 2 Match against Oregon.

Anyone think a sub-regional at WSU would not have blown those number away.

Of course, to have a chance to host we have to submit a bid. :-x

Comment

I'll remember this (i.e. no bid) if I ever get a chance to talk to JS. I'm sure he will listen to me. :lol:
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        The attendance at the KSU sub-regional was IMHO pretty lousy.

They drew 1,572 to their Round 1 Match vs Tulsa and only 1,261 to their Round 2 Match against Oregon.
        Their season average was 1,223. So I'd say it's beyond lousy and bordering on pathetic.

No football. No basketball. No excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I'll remember this (i.e. no bid) if I ever get a chance to talk to JS. I'm sure he will listen to me. :lol:
          While in St. Thomas I was told by an assistant AD that the reason that WSU did not submit a bid was due to us already having a women's home basketball game already on the schedule that could not be moved. It's a poor excuse, but that's what I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            While in St. Thomas I was told by an assistant AD that the reason that WSU did not submit a bid was due to us already having a women's home basketball game already on the schedule that could not be moved. It's a poor excuse, but that's what I was told.
            Our guys don't get much wrong but this was certainly one of those times. Moving the ladies to Newman or anywhere would have been acceptable for one game if that was what the Volleyball team needed. I have always been kind of a "to the victor goes the spoils" guy so if one program (vball) deserves preferential treatment over another due to success then let's find a way to reward them.

Does anyone plan on sending the Lamb's a end of year note? Just curious.....

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Yes, in fact, I have already sent it.

Comment

And if that note were to include a donation to fund a trip to play a quality opponent or attract one to WSU, I don't think they would mind.

Seriously, I hear this is an area that could be better.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  And if that note were to include a donation to fund a trip to play a quality opponent or attract one to WSU, I don't think they would mind.

Seriously, I hear this is an area that could be better.
                  I would encourage all Shocker Volleyball fans to join the Match Club if they are capable of making an additional donation to the program. I think this has been promoted primarily to the season ticket holders, but I'm sure it is open to anyone who would like to join.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Lambo get's anywhere with his project to put together a Bracket Busters weekend in lieu of the post season conference tournament.

Western Kentucky would be a great opponent. They lost only one senior from this year's team.

Also Middle Tennessee State, from the same conference as WKU, made it into the Sweet 16 and would be a great opponent.

Would love to see Tulsa on the schedule. Another NCAA Tournament team.

Creighton no doubt is not a fan of the post season Tournament. They probably would have been in the NCAA, if it were not for ILS knocking of MSU and WSU in the post season tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      It will be interesting to see if Lambo get's anywhere with his project to put together a Bracket Busters weekend in lieu of the post season conference tournament.

Western Kentucky would be a great opponent. They lost only one senior from this year's team.

Also Middle Tennessee State, from the same conference as WKU, made it into the Sweet 16 and would be a great opponent.

Would love to see Tulsa on the schedule. Another NCAA Tournament team.

Creighton no doubt is not a fan of the post season Tournament. They probably would have been in the NCAA, if it were not for ILS knocking of MSU and WSU in the post season tournament.
                      When did this Bracket Buster thing come about?

Comment

I've heard Lamb talking about it for the past couple of weeks. I hope he finds some schools willing to get in on it.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lambo said he was going to be pursuing his Bracket Buster idea pretty hard during this year's AVCA convention/annual meeting.

Comment

Sub, nice to have you back!

Comment

Nice to be back.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X