Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk
    Originally posted by shoxlax
    I'm thinking Cooz. Remember, he wasn't a great shooter when he got here but found ways to score and fill up the stat sheet in high school.
    Actually, I think you'll find that Cooz was a better shooter (% wise) in FG%, 3 pt%, and FT% as a freshman/sophmore than junior/senior.

FG% - .519, .447, .498, .420

3 pt% - .373, .351, .349, .336

FT% - .724, .729, .681, .625

His first year was his best % performance overall.
    Some of that had to do with being the focus of defenses and playing with some injuries as an upperclassman. All of this, of course, was after a redshirt year. It may be that Tekele would benefit from that as well, especially since we will have quite a few guards in the senior class next year and playing time might be hard to come by.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      Originally posted by ShockTalk
      I'm thinking Cooz. Remember, he wasn't a great shooter when he got here but found ways to score and fill up the stat sheet in high school.
      Actually, I think you'll find that Cooz was a better shooter (% wise) in FG%, 3 pt%, and FT% as a freshman/sophmore than junior/senior.

FG% - .519, .447, .498, .420

3 pt% - .373, .351, .349, .336

FT% - .724, .729, .681, .625

His first year was his best % performance overall.
      Some of that had to do with being the focus of defenses and playing with some injuries as an upperclassman. All of this, of course, was after a redshirt year. It may be that Tekele would benefit from that as well, especially since we will have quite a few guards in the senior class next year and playing time might be hard to come by.
      I understand, TMH. Nevertheless, in Cooz's second year, there were a few others on the team that drew equal or more attention, yet his FG% dropped 70 points.

The statement was that he was not a great shooter when he came, yet as a redshirt freshman, he had very good %s in all catergories. And the implication was that he was a better shooter when he left. He dropped every year in 3 pt% and 100 points in each FG% and FT%.

Comment

He worked hard on his shot his redshirt year. Turg constantly talked about his gym ethic. My point was he wasn't a great shooter in high school.

By the time he set foot on the court as a Shocker, he was at least a viable threat from behind the arc.

Comment

He worked hard on his shot his redshirt year. Turg constantly talked about his gym ethic. My point was he wasn't a great shooter in high school.
          Agreed! I loved Cooz and how hard he worked. However, as in HS, throughout his Shocker days, he found ways to score and fill up the stat sheet, but when he left, he still wasn't a great shooter.

The key: HCGM wants good scorers. Hopefully, Tekele will become that plus a better shooter.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

By the time he set foot on the court as a Shocker, he was at least a viable threat from behind the arc.
            Especially when they played Tennessee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest

Especially when they played Tennessee!!!
              That was a thing of beauty. A threeeeee as Mike Kennedy might exclaim.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

And to think this Season's Shocker Team has even more overall quality depth than our Sweet 16 squad had!!!!!!!
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hello package deal? Smyrna Stars are a talented bunch.
                  No doubt the staff would like a package deal. Not with somebody on the Stars but with Teleke's high school teammate, Kenny Gaines. We already offered this junior along with Clemson and others. See our thread on Gaines.

With the information in Shockwaves about their H.S. coach's thoughts on Coach Dollar, we probably have a good shot.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

After watching the Kenny Gaines video, you can see how Tekele Cotton distributes the ball.

I can see a tough, physical defender with a pass first PG mentality. Looks like we found a floor general.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Tekele Cotton's senior campaign is under way, with a 57-60 loss to Thomasville H.S.

Happily, that game and potentially more Whitefield Academy games are being webcast and archived here ...

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Nice find wuzee!

Tekele is #32 in white. The play by play guy is a RIOT, however the audio track is too high on something (I'm not a technical guy) and painful to listen to.

Comment

Does anyone know what newspaper we can get results for Cotton

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                              Does anyone know what newspaper we can get results for Cotton
                              The internet is your friend.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Watched Cotton's game...can't help but see Kenny Gaines. What a get that would be. Back to Cotton. As Shizz pointed out, he is a pass first PG. He made very few mistakes, I couldn't remember a TO. They played against a zone, so I couldn't tell his ability to penetrate. He seemed a little shy to shoot in the flow of the offense, but his stroke looked very good when he did. Seemed to be a good defender. One of those players that is energy efficient. Doesn't flail his arms and legs about, just puts himself in the best position possible with minimal energy expended. Did I say I liked Gaines.

Comment

Working...
                                X