EARLY SIGNING PERIOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EARLY SIGNING PERIOD

Coach Marshall said he was an expecting Father---then went on to explain it was because The Early Signing Period is upon us. Now THAT was a classic. Does our expected 3 signees warrant a top 50 rating in the Country? I sure like who we have coming!!!!!!!

By late signing period, I would not be surprised if we have openings to sign 1-3 more? Stay tuned.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I doubt we will get much recognition nationally for this class. The rags reserve that right for teams with 4* players and above. Nationally speaking, Murry is a nice player, Hannah is a juco so he won't get much attention, and Stutz is forever in 3* land because he didn't sign with UK. Had he verballed to Gillespies kid he would be in the top 75! I think you will see us get a lot of MVC recognition next fall in the preview mags. JUCO National Champion PGs and skilled 7-footers start to catch some eyes at that point.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Will there be a press conference today?

Comment

With the team on their way to VI, I doubt it. I'd just watch for a press release on GoShockers.com.

Comment

Does anyone know how the other teams in the MVC are doing recruiting wise? Also do you think we will have the top class for the league?

Comment

SIU # 24 according to Rivals
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

By virtue of SIU's one 4-star recruit, they'll get the nod.

But if we're not 2nd, then the MVC has a very bright future.

Comment

It has been said that future games will be won if you do your duty on Signing day and bring in the artillery. Today will prove to be a day to remember with this solid crop of recruits!!!!!!! Reply #7---that was just lucky.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I believe the 'Birds also have a nice class.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

For those of you in the know.......which one of these freshman combo guards is our future point guard? Kyles or Murry? (down the road, of course)

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      For those of you in the know.......which one of these freshman combo guards is our future point guard? Kyles of Murry? (down the road, of course)

I'm certainly not in the know, but from what I have read it sounds like Murry is the most likely to develop into a point.

Comment

Possibly neither. I see two possible scenarios:

1) Murry has been a PG. Due to his recent growth spurt he's become a combo. He could be groomed into our future PG, backing up Hannah his first two years.

2) Next year, Marshall recruits a true freshman PG who can learn a year behind Hannah and either take over his soph year or share duties with Murry, then take over as a junior.

To me it sounds like Kyles is more suited to be an athletic SG. I keep thinking he may be a slightly taller, more athletic version of Sean Ogirri.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          I believe the 'Birds also have a nice class.
                          Rivals is saying they have the best center prospect in the MVC with Jeremy Robinson. A 6-8 three star from IL. I think he is more of a PF and sure wouldn't trade Stutz for him.

Rivals also says the Redbirds' Bobby Hill, the 34th ranked Juco player, is the MVC's top SF recruit. I haven't checked on how he is doing this year. The Valley hasn't recruited much in the way of small forwards so the Rivals MVC ranking is pretty much by default. Their other recruit is a two star PG.

I agree it's a nice class, but far from impressive so far. I believe they have one open scholarship.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Is that the same Bobby Hill that was a freshman at Illinois St. then transferred?

If so, I don't remember him being all that impressive, even for a freshman.

Comment

Yes. He was planning on returning, and did.

edit- I guess I should say he is a step closer to returning.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X