Garrius Holloman - Committed to Cowley CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrius Holloman - Committed to Cowley CC

With his special seating at Shocker madness, the coaching staff obviously has interest. A 6-5 PF from Wichita East. Class of '08.
    In the fast lane

A few folk I know that are into Kansas High School BB tell me he is the best player in the State this year. They say he has serious ups and plays inside at this level and has some very nice moves and can score. If there is room after we sign a Center, I hope we sign him. The games to see this year will be SE verus East.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If they say he's the best in the state they're smoking something. There's this guy in the KC area named Relaford that's one of the best in the country.

I'd like to wait and see what Holloman has to offer this year. He needs to develop more on the perimeter. At the moment I'd think he'd be no better than a walk-on. Time will tell.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This year, I will make it a priority to get out and watch him play. If his reviews are accurate that I have heard, somebody will sign him to a D-1 Ship. No doubt our Coaching Staff is very aware of him. He does indeed need to improve his perimeter shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          If they say he's the best in the state they're smoking something. There's this guy in the KC area named Relaford that's one of the best in the country.

I'd like to wait and see what Holloman has to offer this year. He needs to develop more on the perimeter. At the moment I'd think he'd be no better than a walk-on. Time will tell.
          Maybe he's the best player in the State still available.....
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
            Maybe he's the best player in the State still available.....
            That could be. There's a couple of kids in KS that are better and he might not even be the best in the City League.

Comment

Rival's Kansas High School site placed him on their pre-season 2nd team.
              In the fast lane

Comment

have u guys not seen him play your crazy if you think that hes not the best player in the state he is plain and simple and i was sitting 3rd row right by him and coach was all over him he wouldnt play center in college anyway he would play the 3
                ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
                  have u guys not seen him play your crazy if you think that hes not the best player in the state he is plain and simple and i was sitting 3rd row right by him and coach was all over him he wouldnt play center in college anyway he would play the 3
                  Take a breath there partner... :D
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Have you seen Releford play? Cyphers? You sound more than a little biased.

According to reports here last year, he was a back-to-basket player (hence, not a SF, or "3"). If he's improved that area of his game, then that's great. But if not, just because he's a good interior player and 6'5" tall, doesn't mean he can play SF at the D-1 level.

Obviously, he's got enough game that he was a guest at Shocker Madness. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

And while I know this is "only the internet" and I'll probably get slammed for saying it . . . punctuation and capitalization are your friends. It just helps to make it more readable and reduce the chance of misinterpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                      Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
                      Take a breath there partner... :D
                      Saw him twice this past month in HM Fall Ball. Definetely moves like a 5, but was hanging around the perimeter acting like a 3 or 4. Has to improve a ton in order to play the 3 or 4 facing the basket in college.

Comment

And Rivals had a number of post players ranked ahead of him on the preseason list.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

GH scored 23 in a loss that was a heart-breaker for East. This game started about the same time as the Shockers, so I missed it. East had a 4 point lead with 4 seconds. It took a 4 point play at the buzzer made by Adonis Gnatt for SE to even get this game to overtime according the the article by Jeffrey Lutz in todays Eagle. Sounded like a great game to watch. Did any of you out there witness this game? J.C. for SE had 19 points.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                            Did any of you out there witness this game?
                            I didn't witness it, but I heard the last part of the 4th quarter and the overtime on KGSO. It sounded pretty loud, but not as loud as it was when Southeast and East played in the roundhouse back when I was at East. It was so loud then that you couldn't hear yourself think. Sort of like the WSU games. Those were the years that future Shocker Terry Benton played for East.

East didn't play very smart defense yesterday and lost. When I saw them play back in my high school days, East played the good defense and won.

Comment

A blast from the past game that I enjoyed was played at Friends U. and featured Heights led by Cortez Barnes, versus East with Mark Hutton and Adrian Griffen. WSU let all three of them slip through our fingers and play elsewhere back in the Cohen era. Cohen did sign Hutton but he did not pass his ACT requirements and ended up at Barton County Juco and then Auburn I think. Adrian Griffen played for Seton Hall and later the Boston Celtics. Cortez was at Hutch Juco and I can't remember who he played for later.

Comment

Working...
                              X