Nicci Combs Class of 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicci Combs Class of 2009

A 5-11 PG from Edmond (OK) Santa Fe. A Rival's 2 star. He has an offer from Liberty and interest from WSU, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Stanford and UCLA.

In the fast lane

what class?

Comment

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

From Scout:
        Combs is considered one of the early best point guard prospects in the midwest region, with a good frame, athleticism and quickness, and a pass-first mentality. At least a mid-major prospect with a chance to be a high major.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Finally some info on Combs. His offers are from Evansville, Centenary, American and his hometown school, Central Oklahoma with looks from Tulsa, Oral Roberts and Long Beach State. He isn't satisfied with this group. His age allows him to play AAU ball this summer and he hopes to get more offers.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Oh nicci your so fine your so fine you blow my mind hey nicci! hey hey nicci!

Sorry I couldnt help myself

Comment

I saw one article indicating he was setting his sights on big schools in the future. Whether that will play out is yet to be seen.

Comment

Combs is at a prep school. I don't know which one. Now in the class of 2009.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  What was the reason again for someone going to a prep school versus someone going to a junior college besides not wanting to miss out on 4 years of D1 eligibilty?

I know that players that go to JC do so because they don't score high enough on their tests and maybe they go to improve their game. Then there are players that go to prep schools to improve their game and maybe their grades.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                    Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    What was the reason again for someone going to a prep school versus someone going to a junior college besides not wanting to miss out on 4 years of D1 eligibilty?

I know that players that go to JC do so because they don't score high enough on their tests and maybe they go to improve their game. Then there are players that go to prep schools to improve their game and maybe their grades.
                    it's for schools to say to the recruit that we'll promise you a scholarship if you go this certain prep school for a year

Comment

Paper is right in a lot of the cases. You don't have to redshirt them and they get an extra year working on their game and also grades in some cases. The prep leagues that many go to are also good competition and they'll still have 4 years.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                      X