Class Of 08

has medium interest in Campbell, Howard, McNeese St., Oral Roberts, and WSU

Comment

sounds like another Matt B.

Comment

#80 ranking by TexasHoops.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Texas Hoops Analysis: CHRIS is a very small and thin player but makes up for it with excellent speed and quickness. He loves to push the ball up court, is a smooth passer, sees the floor very well and keeps his teammates involved. He is an excellent ball handler, can break down the defense anytime and finishes well in the paint despite his size. He is a good shooter with 3 point range but looks to create and dish to the open man first.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If they are that complimentary of the #80 player in Texas, I'm not sure how valuable any of their analyses are.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              If they are that complimentary of the #80 player in Texas, I'm not sure how valuable any of their analyses are.
              Agreed.

Texas Hoops seems to want to sell Texas players more than critique them.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Agreed.

Texas Hoops seems to want to sell Texas players more than critique them.
                Unfortunately, that is going to be true of a lot of recruiting sites so long as fans looking in on who their team is recruiting is their source of revenue. No one wants to hear how crummy the player their school is recruiting is, so the descriptions will naturally be positive about the player's game.

At least when they do rankings, it is impossible for every recruit in the state to be in the top 10, 25, 50, or 100, so that gives you a little bit more of an objective look at what they really think of the player's talent.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Texas Hoops does always have nice things to say about players publicly because it is headed by a ex high school coach (Mike Kunstadt) with high ethics. He does not want to say any negative about a high school kid on tHe internet. I do know that coaches who buy his recruiting newsletters get more "honest" reports. The real way to see how he views players is by looking at the ranking number in the state. Usually everyone he has ranked from about 50 and up are division 1 level and sign with either D-I or Juco. Some years, if the talent pool is deep in Texas, players ranked as low as the 60's or 70's go D-I. I think fans should be excited if we can sign someone in the 20's and above from Texas but even players ranked in the 30's and 40's have great potential.

For my money, Kunstadt does the best job of ranking players in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Dad
                    Texas Hoops does always have nice things to say about players publicly because it is headed by a ex high school coach (Mike Kunstadt) with high ethics. He does not want to say any negative about a high school kid on tHe internet. I do know that coaches who buy his recruiting newsletters get more "honest" reports. The real way to see how he views players is by looking at the ranking number in the state. Usually everyone he has ranked from about 50 and up are division 1 level and sign with either D-I or Juco. Some years, if the talent pool is deep in Texas, players ranked as low as the 60's or 70's go D-I. I think fans should be excited if we can sign someone in the 20's and above from Texas but even players ranked in the 30's and 40's have great potential.

For my money, Kunstadt does the best job of ranking players in Texas.
                    Good analysis. The fact that he is positive about all players says nothing about his scouting ability, but, as you say, the in-state ranking is really the thing to be looking at.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Even in the positive comments, many times you can pick up on what the kid needs to improve and how much potential they really think is there. Any kid that should have a bunch of negatives probably isn't going to be reviewed as they're not gonna be playing college ball at a high level.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Verbals to Nicholls State.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                        X