Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Maze - Signed with Tennessee

6'2" 175 PG. Hutch JUCO class of '08

Being recruied by Tennessee, UK and Wichita State.

He was at 0U last season.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Bobby Maze

Originally posted by SubGod22
    6'2" 175 PG. Hutch JUCO class of '08

Being recruied by Tennessee, UK and Wichita State.

He was at 0U last season.
    I have heard from a reliable source that he is the REAL deal. :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Where is he from?

Comment

From hutchcc.edu:

Bobby Maze 6-3 So.

Washington, D.C.

(Patterson Prep, N.C./U. of Oklahoma)
        Jocks & Jills
        3236 N. Rock Rd
        Wichita, KS 67226
        316-260-9800
        http://www.jocks-jills.com
        http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Hutch has Maze, as well as a Cinci transfer that has verballed to KSU. It'll be interesting to see how the Blue Dragons fare this year.

When I saw Maze on Hutch's roster I tried to find some info on him from an OU board. Reaction to his being dismissed from the program was mixed.

Comment

[quote="RoyalShock"]Hutch has Maze, as well as a Cinci transfer that has verballed to KSU. It'll be interesting to see how the Blue Dragons fare this year.

Royal- if you are referring to Tyree Evans, he has moved on to Motlow State Juco in Florida. They are loaded this year. We have two of their players on our recruiting board and then there are Tyree and another who are for sure mid-major to high-major D-1 players.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Nope. I'm refering to:

Code:
              Abdul Herrera   6-10    So.  Panama City, Panama 

(South Miami HS/University of Cincinnati)

Comment

Ranked #7 by Juco Junction.
                In the fast lane

Comment

I have been to evey home game and Bobby is definitely the Real Deal
                  GO SHOCKERS!!!

Comment

he is good and has alot of ability and makes some fantastic plays; however, he tends to play sloppy, but with the right guy on him maybe that will change. Worth a shot in my opinion considering the style we will be playing next year! :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by hutchshox
                      he is good and has alot of ability and makes some fantastic plays; however, he tends to play sloppy, but with the right guy on him maybe that will change. Worth a shot in my opinion considering the style we will be playing next year! :posterwsu:
                      i think HCGM should revamp next season. Its time to cut players who dont wanna play for him or his style. I could compile my own list, but I think most of us know which players dont fit his style. Dont be surprised if we have 6 new recruits next season. Like the coach said, recruting never ends.
                      ________
                      Rhode island medical marijuana dispensaries
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

If we land Maze to go along with Hannah, the young guys (Kyles and Murray) would have time to develop.

Imagine the different type of team we would have:

PG -- Maze (starts year over Hannah due to previous D1 experience) - Floor general that creates plays for himself and others with quickness and toughness

SG -- Hawkings - Slasher who can make his own shot, knock down the outside shot, and everything in between

SF -- Gris - Game comes around to D1 level. Knocks down 3's and then drives past them to the basket using his explosiveness and athleticism.

PF -- Durley - Inside game is there, 3 point shooting is still being developed. Defensive intensity and skills will continue to develop.

C -- Clemente - Tough force inside and on boards. Will become a man among men his senior year as he single mouthedly gets into opponents heads!!

2nd Wave:

PG -- Hannah - Calming presence in relief, scores when we need it, but works efficiently to get the young bigs involved.

SG -- Murray - 3's fallin, rock passing tough player that causes defenses to expand to him.

SF -- Ellis - Continues to toughen and bulk up. Shot is there, defense is almost there. Confidence to take ball to the rack will develop during year and be strong presence spreading the offense next year.

PF -- Stutz - Will bulk up and toughen up his Frosh year. Will flourish on guards unselfishness upon driving the paint and drawing defense. Latter part of year will include stepping out and making shots as well as opening up paint for others to drive and make.

C -- Orupke - Until Coach says he will not be here, I assume he will. Will adjust to game his Frosh year and Clemente will help him toughen up in a hurry. Will become a defense force inside by end of frosh year and by end Soph year will bulk and toughen up to be able to compete on level field with any C in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          If we land Maze to go along with Hannah, the young guys (Kyles and Murray) would have time to develop.

Imagine the different type of team we would have:

PG -- Maze (starts year over Hannah due to previous D1 experience) - Floor general that creates plays for himself and others with quickness and toughness

SG -- Hawkings - Slasher who can make his own shot, knock down the outside shot, and everything in between

SF -- Gris - Game comes around to D1 level. Knocks down 3's and then drives past them to the basket using his explosiveness and athleticism.

PF -- Durley - Inside game is there, 3 point shooting is still being developed. Defensive intensity and skills will continue to develop.

C -- Clemente - Tough force inside and on boards. Will become a man among men his senior year as he single mouthedly gets into opponents heads!!

2nd Wave:

PG -- Hannah - Calming presence in relief, scores when we need it, but works efficiently to get the young bigs involved.

SG -- Murray - 3's fallin, rock passing tough player that causes defenses to expand to him.

SF -- Ellis - Continues to toughen and bulk up. Shot is there, defense is almost there. Confidence to take ball to the rack will develop during year and be strong presence spreading the offense next year.

PF -- Stutz - Will bulk up and toughen up his Frosh year. Will flourish on guards unselfishness upon driving the paint and drawing defense. Latter part of year will include stepping out and making shots as well as opening up paint for others to drive and make.

C -- Orupke - Until Coach says he will not be here, I assume he will. Will adjust to game his Frosh year and Clemente will help him toughen up in a hurry. Will become a defense force inside by end of frosh year and by end Soph year will bulk and toughen up to be able to compete on level field with any C in the country!
                          Only I'd put one of the 7 footers in the first wave, just to mix it up.

Comment

If EO arrives in time to practice with the team this year, I could see him being the starting center, with Durly and Clemente battling for the starting PF spot.

Otherwise I think Durley is starting C, with Clemente at PF.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              If EO arrives in time to practice with the team this year, I could see him being the starting center, with Durly and Clemente battling for the starting PF spot.

Otherwise I think Durley is starting C, with Clemente at PF.
                              Just considering the possibility of height (EO & GS) and depth (5 potential starters) just gets me excited.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign another forward as well.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X