Robert Goff to marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Goff to marshall

6-9, 220lb PF/C from Indianapolis (Broad Ripple), Indiana. A Rivals 2 star but didn't start playing basketball until he was a sophomore. Indiana State and East Tennessee State have offered but he has the attention of Indiana and Purdue. Over 15 other schools, including WSU have expressed interest.

Goff has academic catch up to do so will almost for sure be going to JC or Prep. We will have to wait to see if he is re-classified as a '09 or '10 recruit.

This information comes from Hoosier Hoops Report.
    In the fast lane

"Since Goof may be headed to prep school he will play this Spring (with Spiece Indy Heat) despite his status as a senior..."

I've also notice in coverage about his AAU play this Spring he is called a 2009 prospect. As far as his basketball skills goes, throughout the high school year he was a very solid post that could interest some of the best college progams. No info so far on which prep school he may attend but I'll go ahead and switch him to the 2009 Recruiting Summary.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Robert Goff is going to Cowley

Robert Goff is going to Cowley and is being recruited by Indiana, Purdue, Butler, among others. Regardless, he'll play his final 2 years in the state of Indiana.

Comment

A letter of intent to Cowley or any other JC is not shown yet on the NJCCA site. Thanks for the info of what apparently has just, or will happen, Indy_BB. We will keep an eye on it. And we will probably keep a look out for him in 2010 just for the heck of it.

My main hope about Robert is he gets a good college education and does well in life.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Scout says the word on Goff is he's going the Juco route. They don't mention a school.
          In the fast lane

Comment

First article I've seen that confirms Goff is headed for Cowley CC.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Goff took an unofficial to Indiana last week.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Goff will follow Steve Eck to Hutch. There is also talk of him redshirting next year and becoming D-1 eligible in 2011. He continues to take several unofficals to schools other than WSU. I doubt if there is any Shocker/Goff interest.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Was also in attendance tonight according to Sully.

Looks like he has good size at 6'9" 220. Since he transferred he has to sit out this season at Hutch, so I'm guessing he's a 2011 recruit?

Comment

We've got him down, like most do as a 2011. When he went with Eck to Hutch, he wasn't allowed to play this year and it is therefore a redshirt year for him. It's been said he will play there next year. However, I doubt if anybody knows for sure what he will do.

He had academic problems in high school. Perhaps the extra year might help.

Also visiting us from Hutch was Wichitan Jawanza Poland who is also redshirting for the same reason at Hutch. The same goes for him about 2010 or 2011 except for the academics.

Oklahoma has some interest in both of them.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

According to his "recruiting advisor" ... Robert Goff has been offered by WSU.

He's now 6-9, 240, with scholarship offers from "Xavier, Oklahoma, Houston and Wichita State and interest from a list of other major league schools" including Indiana.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Re: Robert Goff

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        6-9, 220lb PF/C from Indianapolis (Broad Ripple), Indiana. A Rivals 2 star but didn't start playing basketball until he was a sophomore. Indiana State and East Tennessee State have offered but he has the attention of Indiana and Purdue. Over 15 other schools, including WSU have expressed interest.

Goff has academic catch up to do so will almost for sure be going to JC or Prep. We will have to wait to see if he is re-classified as a '09 or '10 recruit.

How many red flags do you see in this post?
                        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                        - said no one ever...

Comment

For me, none.

Comment

Re: Robert Goff

Originally posted by shoxilla
                            Originally posted by tropicalshox

How many red flags do you see in this post?
                            That initial post was from 2007.

Comment

Good point, bird.

It's easy to see what shoxilla was referring to:

-- a two-star (only) rating
                              -- offers from Indiana State and East Tennessee, than whom we hope the Shocks have higher aspirations
                              -- limited basketball experience
                              -- academic catch-up

But how much (if any) of what was reported three years ago is relevant today, is questionable at best. So if Marshall and staff, who are going to need PFs, think this guy is worth pursuing, I'll trust their judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X