Demarius Jones - Verballed to South Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarius Jones - Verballed to South Alabama

"Shug" is a 6-2, 185lb SG from Pinkston Hi, Dallas, TX. Was going to commit to Auburn but it didn't work out. He is open again on his recruitment and WSU, Ole Miss and Oral Roberts are tying to get involved. He will probably visit Ole Miss and South Alabama but will more than likely wait until Spring to sign. Texas Roundball ranks him #26 in the class of '08.

In the fast lane

When he was a freshman he averaged 17.2 points per game. When he was a Sophomore Hoop Scoop ranked him 104 in USA and Dallas Morning News rated him top 10 players in Dallas area. He made All District both Soph and Junior season

Comment

Texas Hoops Analysis: DEMARIUS has a scorer's mentality from the time he walks out of the locker room until the final horn blows. He can get hot and score in bunches from anywhere on the court. He isn't shy to take a shot anytime from anywhere. He has a smooth 3 point stroke, uses pump fakes well to create space to get his shot off, works well off baseline screens and can catch and get a shot off very quickly. He has improved his ability to create his offense and has made strides on the defensive and rebounding sides of the ball.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Texas Hoops ranks him #18.
        In the fast lane

Comment

He'll be playing for USA next year
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Made all state first team

Comment

Has verballed to South Alabama.

Comment

I notice that we seem to be looking at quite a few Shooting Guards (2's) yet, and it seems to indicate to me that the Coach already has a plan in place to fill the Point Guard postion that we obviously need.

What that plan might be, I don't know. It could be 3 or 4 different things, but why else would we still be looking at quite a few 08 shooting guards?

Hannah/Gal/Kyles at the 1 maybe.
                Serious interest with favorable indication for a desired 08 PG already.

And with AJ/Ellis/Gris probably filling the 3, I don't understand our interest in 08 SF (3's).

Am I alone in my thoughts, or can someone maybe suggest a different train of thought on these 2 situations.

Comment

Coach has said that Ellis and Gris will be 4's. Ellis may play some 3, but he wants a quicker, explosive 3 to play with and behind Hawkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    That was known back in November :whistle:
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                      That was known back in November :whistle:
                      Well, in my glancing looking for any updates that haven't been posted, I overlooked USA. I see USA and think of bigger and better things...like Junior National team and such.

:oops:

Comment

Working...
                      X