No announcement yet.

2008 RECRUITING SUMMARY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's your feel-good moment of the day, brought to you by a conscientious kid named Noel Hollingswo

Here is a guy that we apparently recruited last Fall that we did not know about. He signed with Brown and looks like he had serious interest from Davidson and us. Not putting a thread up for him, but will put him on the summary for historical purposes.

Noel Hollingsworth 6-9 C Judge Memorial, Salt Lake City, Utah. 20 points, 14 rebounds per game this season for the class 3A champions.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Signing Dates for the 2008-2009 Academic Year
      Do not sign prior to 7:00 a.m. (local time) on the following
      dates or after the final signing date listed for each sport.

Sport Initial Signing Date Final Signing Date
      Basketball (Early Period) November 14, 2007 November 21, 2007
      Basketball (Regular Period) April 16, 2008 May 21, 2008

Comment

When a new thread is started for a new recruit, would it be possible to list the position and height/weight in the title. When the posts go beyond one page, the data in the first post is not visible.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

it is if you click the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            it is if you click the first page.
            Exactly my point---if it was inthe title, there would be no reason to click the first page, the info would just be there, assisting lazy old farts like me who can't remember from day to day and don't want the extra steps of going to the first post every time. Just a thought.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I don't understand why you can't remember that stuff, there are only 128 names this year.

:lol:
              In the fast lane

Comment

That just sounds like too much clutter in the title to me. I recommend studying really hard to remember as much as possible about every name that comes up. :D Very useful knowledge. It's the only reason people talk to me anymore..........
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

How about just the year of the class they are in?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                    How about just the year of the class they are in?
                    We won't get very much info on 09' recruits until the summer or fall, so what's the point?
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Unmentioned recruits

These recruits listed Wichita State, but did not sign with us and have not been noted on Shockernet:

Tyrone Caldwell, 6'2 G out of Clarksville, TN -- Austin Peay.
                      Josh Duinker, 6’9 PF from Sydney, Australia -- Richmond.
                      Matt Albritton, 6’4 G from Garland, Texas -- George Washington
                      Kal Bay, 6’2 G from Price, Utah -- Idaho State.

Comment

Here two more former recruits for '08 that we missed along the way. The information that they were at least looked at by WSU was given by Caainsider.

Casaan Breeden PF who left Florida State at the end of the 1st semester. Apparently we had some interest before he enrolled for the 2nd semester at College of Charleston.

Rodrigo Peggau a 6-8 SF/PF from the Patterson School in North Carolina. We looked at him last summer before he signed with James Madison. Because of the coaching change there he has decommitted. There is still no report of him signing with another school but his finalists appear to be Marshall, St. Louis, Duquesne and Mississippi who have all offered. He was visiting Duquesne last week and is expect to send a LOI to one of these schools by today. If he doesn't, we should probably remember him this summer. He is a Scout 3 star who would prefer to stay East or South.

For historical purposes and ease of accessing their names in the future, I will add them and Downtown's find of four names in the above post to the 2008 recruiting summary.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

More on Peggau...

Apparently, Peggau actually verballed to Wichita State as a junior while playing at Calverton in Huntingtown, MD. He was a Turgeon recruit, and appeared interested in going to A&M after Turgeon left WSU.

Peggau suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee, and did not play his senior season. Kent State is also in the mix for Peggau:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Comment

I'm assuming Kal Bay is the same kid that played at Colorado and is originally from AZ? Was that a JUCO in Utah that was listed? If it is him I remember really wanting him out of HS.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

SubGod, you are correct. First high school in Arizona, then signed with Colorado, then transferred from the JUCO College of Eastern Utah before ending up at Idaho State.

Stay up to date with all the Colorado Buffaloes sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

Peggau signs with Duquesne:

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

Comment

Working...
                                X