William Weathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Weathers

Weathers is a 6'0", 170 pound PG from Lewisville High School in Lewisville, TX. Class of 2008. Got looks from North Texas, but the ones actively pursuing him are Tulane and Wichita State. Rivals 3 star. Averaged 15 points, 7 assists and 5 steals per game as a junior. Played AAU ball for the Gulf Coast Stars.

Source: North Texas Blog (entry dated March 26th):

Rivals link:

For Texas Prospects for 2008, he is tied for 2nd for Point Guards. He has a score of 75 (Whatever that means):

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      For Texas Prospects for 2008, he is tied for 2nd for Point Guards. He has a score of 75 (Whatever that means):

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...008%26pos%3dPG
      ESPN's "scouts" have only evaluated four Texas PGs appearently. Every other one has a score of 40.

Comment

As a note on the rankings for the Texas players: They're only 4 PGs "graded" higher than 40. 40 seems to indicate "the best of the rest" and include Anthony Miles (Lamar), TJ Franklin (OU), and Tyrone Appleton (KU). Among SGs, they are 10 players above 40 with our Kyles and Murry graded with the 40 group. Weathers might just be quite a catch if we can get him! What do you think Doc?

Comment

maybe this is our guy
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Royal --- Thanks for filling me in on what the 40 means. I was writing my response at the same time you were. Do you think the ESPN "scouts" have an idea of who they want to go out and evaluate, feeling that they might be the best of the group or do they just happen to be the only ones they evaluated?

Comment

Read this about him, and has a 4 minute video of him below:

also this Univ of North Texas blog (go to very bottom of page)

He plays for Lewisville, and they lost in the State Quarter-finals to Duncanville, who won the State Championship. He scored 29 points in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                Royal --- Thanks for filling me in on what the 40 means. I was writing my response at the same time you were. Do you think the ESPN "scouts" have an idea of who they want to go out and evaluate, feeling that they might be the best of the group or do they just happen to be the only ones they evaluated?
                I wish I knew.

My guess is that ESPN probably only cares much about the top-100 recruits or those tabbed as going to top-25 programs. I doubt they actually have their own scouts and probably just buy info from other recruiting services. Of course, that's all purely speculation on my part and probably not worth much more than spit.

I hope it means this guy is a recruit someone has identified as a quality talent. And if so, I hope we get him!

Comment

I found where for 15 games, he had 100 assists for 6.7 apg this last year.

Comment

Grade of 70-79: Good Prospect-Player does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. Could be a good starter at the Division 1 level.

Grade of 40: Pending Prospect- Player has redeeming qualities and is projected to contribute at the Division 1 level, however film has not yet been received.

Inother words, they have not yet ranked a player with a grade of 40 because they haven't seen film. Somebody having a grade of 75 does not mean they think he is better than a player with 40. They haven't made a determination on the player graded at 40 yet.

Remember Demiti Goodson? He is graded at 88. That's getting on up there. Murry played against him and I believe did pretty well.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Thanks Trop ... I dunno, 6.7 assists per game seems pretty dominant to me.

They had him listed as 'Will Weathers' with a nickname of 'Mo'.

Comment

Really hope we get Will. He'll be able to learn under Clevin for a bit and strengthens the depths at the one.

Comment

Thanks for the info Trop! "Could be a good starter at the Division 1 level" is a pretty wide open statement. Almost not worth stating. Could be a starter for an upper D1; may never be a starter for a lower D1; may be a starter right away; may not start until he's an upperclassman. They definitly don't go out on any limb with that one. I thought the idea of ratings was to take a broad spectrum and break it down into a number of smaller categories.

Comment

Weathers is ranked #79 in Texas by TexasHoops in the class of '08.

Here is another class of 2008 PG that we might be interested in, Anthony Hill. He committed to Rice but his recruitment has opened back up after Rice's coaching change. He is a 6-0 PG at Plano East, ranked by TexasHoops at #28.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I think Will could be rated on the low side since he only played 15 games out of 32. One article said it was not an injury that kept him out, but failed to say exactly why he was out for 1/2 the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X