Comment

• Comment

• I'd expect a signing soon

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          seems like it

• Being on Neft! I loved this kid from the first time he popped up on our radar, but had doubts that he was ready to run the show. Now that ALo is out of the picture, I think this kid is our future! Hopefully sooner rather than later.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Dude is really looking at all his options with Akron Arkansas State ... Now UTEP ...I thought Virginia and Purdue would be more highly attractive but maybe that's not the case... Hope this kid signs... It makes sense and the opportunity to compete for playing time is there as well

Comment

• This kid makes sense. He just seems like a tough-nosed hard worker that would fit right in. Chip on the shoulder grinder who could run the show for 3 or 4 years. Also, would love to see a scrapper like this represent us as we go head to head with Memphis just because.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                Mr. Pickle commented
                Editing a comment
                How could you not like ES? Dude is a stud, and is totally all in as evidenced by his activity on Twitter. Can't wait til he gets to campus.

• I have a feeling Neftali signs early this week.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I'm starting to have mixed feelings about whether he signs or not... Literally confused AF... I'm sure we will get the point guard we are going to get... It always works out any how

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  I have a feeling Neftali signs early this week.
                  It's early this week! Waiting...waiting...waiting...
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• The one thing that could be a sticking point with getting an LOI from Alvarez is the timeline on his recruiting.

July 6, 2017, when it appeared Tyler Harris was no longer likely to commit to WSU, Bluzrover posted (about Harris):

I just saw that too. Agree, doesn't even sound like he intends to make any other visits other than to head back to Ames. That crystal ball prediction to Iowa State is looking pretty solid. I'm sure 3G has someone in mind.
                    July 22, 2017 shocks02 started the Neftali thread with this:

Wichita State offered 6'2 Neftali Alvarez from Miami, Florida tonight....
                    Shortly after that, WSU made Lomax their #1 recruiting priority.

Other schools that still have offers to Alvarez can get some mileage out of saying "you were always our #1 priority".
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True .. but the other schools that appear to have the most interest aren't anywhere close to the level of WSU.

• I have a suspicion GGG wanted *two* point guards and was *rolling the dice* so to speak. Hope Alvarez goes ahead and signs. I think he may have been kept waiting.

Comment

• Yea this could be why he is still waiting... But hopefully we can massage his ego and get him on board

Comment

• I don't think so. Last night I tweeted that we should bring in both him and Akinjo at pg and he retweeted it. I later delegated that tweet after Akinjo signed with GT this morning...

Comment

• Per Taylor Eldridge's report in the Eagle:

Neftali Alvarez, Art Alvarez, and Miami Christian coach Juan Cardona will convene regularly, with a final decision coming before April 30.
                          Could be anytime in the next 2 weeks but this does indicate the end is in sight as far as a decision by Neftali.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 16, 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                            ShockTalk commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I thought Akinjo was the only thing in the way of us going all in for Alvarez. I would view us not getting Alvarez in the next few days as not a good sign.

Hopefully, in a need to shore up our PG situation quickly, if we sign Jucos Cheese or Torres before NA, he will not view that as a negative.
                        Working...
                        X