Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        No

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah, I didn’t think so either. Guy can hope though, right?

• I think this is our guy. He has our offer to him pinned at the top of his twitter. Seems like a good catch to me. Akinjo would be nice, but there are too many schools in on him at this point, so I am not holding my breath.

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not both? Need multiple guards.

• Jhook89
        Jhook89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to have Akinjo too. I'd prefer him over Alvarez. I just don't think we are going to land him. He seems to be enjoying this being courted by teams a little too much. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would pick to play for 3G, Purely a guess. I would love to be wrong though!

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes we do need multiple guards who can play the point. Just not sure the best mix is two true freshman point guards.

My prefererence from what I have seen on the recruiting board would be 6-4 Juco Tyler Cheese along with Akinjo. If we can't entice Akinjo then perhaps Alvarez is the next best guy. Maybe.

I have no idea whether we can get Akinjo but his high school coach said he was looking to go where he will be coached and pushed (check) and where he can realistically step in and play right away (check). How he get's along with the coaches will be very important as well (who knows on that one).
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 4, 2018, 05:45 PM.

• Guessing that Alvarez might be more intrigued by cold winters, snow, and waving fields of wheat than Akinjo. He could be the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        Guessing that Alvarez might be more intrigued by cold winters, snow, and waving fields of wheat than Akinjo. He could be the guy.
        Possibly. That little bubble a couple hour drive in the same state shows better right??? Oh wait....there's more money to be made there. Roll-Eyes...
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
          Guessing that Alvarez might be more intrigued by cold winters, snow, and waving fields of wheat than Akinjo. He could be the guy.
          Akinjo was committed to UConn. I don't think he was worried about cold and snow

Comment

• N Crestway
            N Crestway commented
            Editing a comment
            Winter in Connecticut sounds way better to a kid from California than winter in Kansas.

• weather.png
          Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• When's the last time we had a cali player?

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't remember any. Demetric Williams is the furthest west I can think of

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              A kid from Andover would be about as far west of Wichita as you can get.

• Ozell Jones, Cliff Levingston
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• shelback
              shelback commented
              Editing a comment
              Cedric Phillips

• gil wilburn was the los angeles player of the year

Comment

• All this posting about players from the west coast in thread about a player from Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                All this posting about players from the west coast in thread about a player from Miami.
                sorry mixed up threads

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just having some fun. You only made one of the posts and I thought you probably mixed up the threads when I saw it.

• Bump

Comment

• Don't really get the point of bumping a thread when there is nothing to talk about at the moment.

Comment

• Wuzee
                    Wuzee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To support WSUwatcher and Choida, bumping is not about saying "is there anything new?" or about saying anything at all, really. It's only a maneuver to update the post date so that an important or soon-to-be-important thread stays on the first page of message board. Pretty much Message Board 101. It's only at times like these, when we're hungry for breaking news like a zombie for brains that it can feel disappointing.

• lostshocker
                    lostshocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    well, it wasnt in too much danger of falling off the first page. must be a higher level course where you bump so you dont have to scroll down the page.

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty good, lost. Message board freshmen just try to keep things on the first page, but crafty veteran seniors and grad students also save themselves the need to scroll. So maybe MB 401, or even 601.

• Originally posted by Bh13 View Post
                  Don't really get the point of bumping a thread when there is nothing to talk about at the moment.
                  Maybe you just weren’t listening...

Comment

Working...
                  X