Neftali Alvarez 6'1 PG 2018 to Mercer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I think that everyone on their official visit has taken a picture in a uniform. Udeze took his picture in June. Not everyone has tweeted their picture.
    Oh ok just making sure cause I know I seen udeze and stevensons pics wearing uniforms. Just thought I'd ask

Comment

I think he would be a great second signing with Lomax and then if LS stays another year we place him at Sunrise. If LS leaves we have the 2 pg we need.

Comment

It was reported that he picked up 8 offers on December 27. Not sure exactly who. I know Dayton offered in December and several scouts have been very impressed with him so far this season.

Miami Christian senior point guard Neftali Alvarez continues to be a prospect on the rise since arriving from Puerto Rico.

Alvarez has already taken three official visits to Wichita State, Akron, and Arkansas State, but is waiting to see how his recruitment goes during his senior year before setting his final two trips.

“He’ll sign late and then his mentor, Art Alvarez, and me will sit down and decide where he wants to go,” Cardona said. “We want to see all of the options and see what happens from there. If Wichita State is interested in you, then you’re a big-time player so we want to finish the season, look at all of the options, and see what happens at the end.”

Alvarez took an official visit Wichita State on Oct. 6.

“He was very impressed and coach (Gregg) Marshall did a great job recruiting him, but at the end of the day he wants to take the time and really to see all of the other point guards coming back, who they’re signing, and then make a decision at the end,” Cardona said.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Translate, if Landry goes pro he's a comin.

Shockers remained involved with Neftali.

He also has a couple new mixtapes.

Comment

This kid is going to be good. I don't know if we will have room for him but he is a player.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

I’m not high on this guy. Don’t settle

Comment

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                While waiting to see if Lomax would commit, I believe Alvarez was looking like the top target if Lomax went to Ole Miss.

I'm guessing that Alvarez and the JuCo guy out of Florida are the top targets.

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I’m not high on this guy. Don’t settle
              So 3G should back off because some random dude on SN is not high on this guy? Hahaha

Comment

you calling me random?

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                  ShockerDropOut commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At least he called you a dude.

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can't spell random without a D, an A, and an N.

So 12eagle likes him, Dan doesn't. Maybe we should ask 3G to break the tie.

• Triticum aestivum L.
                  Triticum aestivum L. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, no offense but we're pretty much all random dudes and dudettes on here.

I guess I would like to know WHY you don't like this kid and who else should we go after that we can realistically sign. Is he better or does he have more potential than someone we currently have on scholly?

Also, everyone settles - even UK settled for Humphries and we had to settle for someone else. Many times, the guy you settle for (Jordan) turns out way better than the guy you covet (Bowie).

Alvarez or Akinjo? Gotta push for both right now, not?

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Akinjo has higher ranks, but yeah gotta push for all you can get

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                Alvarez or Akinjo? Gotta push for both right now, not?
                Akinjo, Serrel Smith or Wendell Mitchell would be my top 3 to take the scolly

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Akinjo, Serrel Smith or Wendell Mitchell would be my top 3 to take the scolly
                  I'm thinking we will bring in 2 more guards for next year. We need to be covered in case Landry does leave and if Landry doesn't leave we still need more depth at the guard position. Perhaps one true point guard and one combo guard or even two true points guards.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A Fr and a JuCo PG would be the best right now. The combo guards who "can play" PG haven't worked out that well. Shamet is the only one who's been able to do it. All the rest have left the program.

Remember Baker at PG when FVV was hurt. It's pretty easy to turn an AA SG into an All-MVC PG.

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are reasonable comments about what we need but I will leave those details up to 3G. Since we are fishing in a smaller pond this time of year perhaps 3G may have to be a little less specific on who he signs. A combo who is an AA SG but an All-MVC PG would still be better than just a one-trick All-MVC PG if that is what it comes down to. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

• MadaboutWu
                    MadaboutWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pretty sure we would take at any point a combo who is AA SG and All-MVC PG--worked out pretty well with Baker.

Marshall can offer the point guard position and playing time... Let's see which players are smart enough to pounce on that idea... Of course as long 3G approve

Comment

FYI ... Neftali was the Florida 2A POY this year. Offered by VCU, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Wyoming, Dayton and Purdue, among others. He averaged 27.0 points, 5.7 rebounds and 11.0 assists per game in leading his team to its second straight Class 2A state championship.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In 2017-8, the schools were classified based upon the total number of high school students, as follows:

Class 8A - 2,332-4,492.
                      Class 7A - 1,939-2,331.
                      Class 6A - 1,593-1,938.
                      Class 5A - 1,115-1,592.
                      Class 4A - 681-1,114.
                      Class 3A - 291-680.
                      Class 2A - 1-290.
                      Class 1A - 1-600.

I don't understand the 1A and 2A numbers, but that's a copy and paste, not a typo.

• ShockingButTrue
                      ShockingButTrue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is our guy.

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      27 points and 11 assists? Good heavens -- that's a basket short of Trae Young territory.
                  Working...
                  X