Neftali Alvarez 6'1 PG 2018 to Mercer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    We had one open scholarship in 2017 as of November last year, but signed two prospects in the fall. That was 14 players planning on being on scholarship at WSU last year. Marshall will sign the number he wants to whether anyone is planning on leaving or not.
    Ive always thought that too. Imo it doesn't make sense that he signs 2 points and imo he will wait until spring to sign his 7th scholarship. The only way that would happen this year is for a player like Anfernee Hardaway (Top 100), etc. would drop in our lap.

Comment

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that’s a strange coincidence.

We have these scholarship counting discussions nearly every year, partly because we don't what's really going on within the program.

What we do know is that the roster that starts October of any given year is very rarely the one that ends April after the season, even before graduations. So Marshall always recruits to handle contingencies, and he most likely will this season as well. The question about Alvarez and Lomax (and other similar decisions) are simply some of the many items Marshall has to juggle.

Comment

I feel like for the first time in the Marshall era, we have a roster full of legitimate contributors. In the past, we could always speculate about certain guys not being good enough to get minutes. I don’t see that being the case right now other than the freshmen who just don’t have the experience yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I feel like for the first time in the Marshall era, we have a roster full of legitimate contributors. In the past, we could always speculate about certain guys not being good enough to get minutes. I don’t see that being the case right now other than the freshmen who just don’t have the experience yet.
        In my view, you are correct. That is why I think that we will only sign 6 this fall. However, Marshall knows his players and recruits more than any of us so if we do sign more, you can bet he has a plan.

Comment

I agree, this team doesn't seem to have any "projects."

Yet minutes are limited. There will always be guys at the wrong end of the bench. They will take a look at returners plus new recruits and determine that an increase in minutes is unlikely. So they transfer to a place where they are more likely to play.

Comment

As WuDrWu tells us every year, "Someone always leaves."
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
              As WuDrWu tells us every year, "Someone always leaves."
              Just not the way that many of us feel the way it is likely to happen this time. I prefer the prospect of the way many think that player(s) will leave this time.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                I agree, this team doesn't seem to have any "projects."

Yet minutes are limited. There will always be guys at the wrong end of the bench. They will take a look at returners plus new recruits and determine that an increase in minutes is unlikely. So they transfer to a place where they are more likely to play.
                Like the Valley:)

Comment

Comment

I guess he wanted everyone to know he is not committed.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Given that the photos were of him in a WSU jersey, I can see why that would be a reasonable thing to clarify.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        My guess is that when he posted the following a few days ago he was getting a lot of questions about whether or not he had committed to Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          My guess is that when he posted the following a few days ago he was getting a lot of questions about whether or not he had committed to Wichita State.

https://twitter.com/alvarez2neftali/...16456588042240
                          I forgot about that tweet. Bet you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

https://twitter.com/alvarez2neftali/...16456588042240
                            I see Erik Stevenson trying to get him too commit! Lol
                            Is it me or everyone that has taken a picture in uniform has committed?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                              I see Erik Stevenson trying to get him too commit! Lol
                              Is it me or everyone that has taken a picture in uniform has committed?
                              I think that everyone on their official visit has taken a picture in a uniform. Udeze took his picture in June. Not everyone has tweeted their picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X