Neftali Alvarez 6'1 PG 2018 to Mercer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckp1234 View Post
    From what I've read they've backed off from Memphis between us and Ole Miss instead of giving him a full weekend to visit Memphis they wanted to cut it to one day they didn't like that. That's just what I read
    Sorry this is about lomax wrong thread

Comment

If Perez wants to commit this weekend, I imagine we welcome him with open arms

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Perez or Alfarez?

Comment

I assume you mean Alvarez? If not, then I think I've lost track of the discussion.

Comment

Alvarez, Duh. Sorry

Comment

Maybe. We still have 5-6 weeks left and we have some other point guard options left so I'm not sure.

Comment

Neftali is scheduled to visit UMass next weekend but the Minutemen just landed a point guard today. Could very well come down to WSU and Arkansas State.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Neftali is scheduled to visit UMass next weekend but the Minutemen just landed a point guard today. Could very well come down to WSU and Arkansas State.
                  Turns out UMass has two senior point guards, so Neftali could still very likely be headed to New England next weekend.

Comment

I would not be surprised if this visit is another thing expediting Lomax’s decision. You sit on the fence too long and you end up in the Sun Belt.

Comment

I don't really understand this process, so perhaps a dumb question. If someone wants to commit, can we tell them to wait? If this kid wants to commit before Lomax but we have a good feeling about Lomax could we say wait until we know what this other kid is doing first?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        I don't really understand this process, so perhaps a dumb question. If someone wants to commit, can we tell them to wait? If this kid wants to commit before Lomax but we have a good feeling about Lomax could we say wait until we know what this other kid is doing first?
                        Yes at a risk. It just depends and comes at a risk. Players also decide with a risk.

Comment

With 2 schollies open, I imagine if Alvarez wanted to commit, he'd have no objections from the coaching staff, but they would let him know they were in on a guy who would likely beat him out for PT.

There are ways to handle one player who might not get PT and may want to trfr and another who projects as player who gets the PT. The player who might be the backup may want to consider other options.

If it's between UMass and WSU, and there's no decision, I think it's pretty obvious that Marshall has let Alvarez know that there's a good possibility that the Shox get Lomax. I imagine Alvarez is waiting on Lomax to make a decision.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Didn't we at one point have 14 players on scholarship for the upcoming year? It worked out okay because a couple of players transferred in the spring. So there shouldn't be any problem with both committing/signing.
                            Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 7, 2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I would not want to sign 2 freshmen point guards, doesn’t make sense. I doubt our staff would do that when we need other things. My guess is one PG and a JUCO forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I would not want to sign 2 freshmen point guards, doesn’t make sense. I doubt our staff would do that when we need other things. My guess is one PG and a JUCO forward.
                                They would have a year behind SHJ, 2 behind Austin and ? Behind Landry. We could use two

Comment

Working...
                                X