No announcement yet.

Neftali Alvarez 6'1 PG 2018 to Mercer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall has always wanted 3 guys to be able to play point so I think Alverez is good to go as a Frosh

Comment

• Time to call in Ramon?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Shocker1388
        Shocker1388 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m actually the one that tweeted Ramon when I asked Alvarez about coming here. By the way I’m shocker1388 on Twitter lol

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        We could use another Ramon. Good guy to have on the team.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
        Downtown Shocker Brown commented
        Editing a comment
        Good guy. Period.

• I think this kid signs... But I think he wants to be our last player to sign... Build suspense... The Cherry on top...

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, we better be patient because it looks like 3G has his eye on at least two other players (Amin & Ndiaye) who aren't making their announcements any time soon!

• Burton Amin Ndiaye ??? First come first serve

Comment

• Starting to think this kid may be one of those that cares whether the lights on him more than the idea of being apart of a juggernaut. I could be completely wrong. We just have a killer class and wouldn't want anything to ruin the vibe...

Comment

• wufan
          wufan commented
          Editing a comment
          No evidence of this.

• wu_shizzle
          wu_shizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's us telling him to wait. Something tells me he's not our first choice, but a fall back.

• I get where your coming from... Torres I hope

Comment

• I get the feeling that the staff wanted Alvarez but Alvarez is looking for something different than is being offered. The staff is moving along with or without him.

Comment

• I think there are several possible scenarios, on of which may be that the staff has moved on from Alvarez after seeing who else is available.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I get the feeling that internet speculation based on zero hard evidence escalates very quickly.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Technically we are all on the internet when posting and viewing this great forum

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                I get the feeling that internet speculation based on zero hard evidence escalates very quickly.
                True. A private conversation with heavy speculation is not recorded for posterity. Internet posts are here for an everyone.

No no issues with guesses that we’ve moved on or he’s moved on, but comments as to “why” someone has moved on seems in bad taste without evidence.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't ever recall posters on message boards actually needing what you refer to as "evidence".

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They don’t need it and haven’t used it. To proceed in such a way is in bad taste. My opinion and folks can take it or leave it.

• Corey Evans@coreyevans_10 1h1 hour ago More
                • Copy link to Tweet
                • Embed Tweet

FGCU has offered 2018 Miami Christian guard Neftali Alvarez. One of the top point guards available this spring

Comment

• Listening to the Bob Lutz interview with HCGM out sounded like we are done recruiting point guards. Coach listed Burton as a PG. Really pretty good interview. Coach admitted surprise at Austin transferring. Said we were physically outmatched often last year and that we are recruiting a different level of athlete. Main relevance to this thread is that I think Alvarez is out.

Watch us sign Alvarez now...
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Sunrise can always use a quality PG, BOBB.

Comment

• I think we are recruiting people who want to be here.

And then of those, who is the best? Who wants to earn it? I think this cat has potential.

Comment

Working...
                      X