Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carolina_Shock View Post
    Hate to be bearer of bad news. But Sully through Roundhouse reports Lomax is let go of his LOI.
    Please provide a link. I'm not seeing this. Here is a list of all the Roundhouse articles. Please link to the alleged report.

The official The RoundHouse news stories archives for the Wichita State Shockers

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Please provide a link. I'm not seeing this,

Comment

• Step away from the ledge everyone

Comment

• We all knew this was coming. Let's go get another one.

Comment

• Shockersarelife
          Shockersarelife commented
          Editing a comment
          Those who didn't were hiding behind black and gold glasses

• Nice of WSU to release him. I suppose there wasn't much to be gained by not releasing him.

That's dissappointing to say the least but onward we go.

Comment

• Note to self...circle Memphis... Highlight Memphis on next year's schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Step away from the ledge everyone
            If Landry goes pro you aren’t gonna find me at the ledge.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's see what 3G and staff can come up with before you make the leap.

• Luckily Landry is (should be) back, but that said I don't think there is another Lomax out in the wild. He was our best recruit for a reason; there is a chance he'll be the best PG from his class this year and the next 3. The upside is that this will make the games against Memphis a lot more meaningful.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              We all knew this was coming. Let's go get another one.
              Might be why Marshall said he was starting to recruit again when on the coaches show Monday.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe. but he would be out recruiting this time of year regardless of the what happened with Alex Lomax. Of course, he not doubt would prefer to still be coaching his team.

• shocksrbest
                shocksrbest commented
                Editing a comment
                1972, I agree he would be out recruiting regardless, but I have to think he knew how this would end once the coaching announcement was made, and his recruiting focus probably changed.

• I will eat my crow. Oh well. As someone else said, I would take another Ragland in a heartbeat. Still don't think Landry is the answer at point.

​​​​​
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                Luckily Landry is (should be) back, but that said I don't think there is another Lomax out in the wild. He was our best recruit for a reason; there is a chance he'll be the best PG from his class this year and the next 3. The upside is that this will make the games against Memphis a lot more meaningful.
                Landry may or may not be back. Probably depends if he feels comfortable that he would be a 1st round draft pick. If he is confident in that he will be gone. 3G will encourage him to leave if that is the case. My guess is that that will be anything than certain to be the case but we will just have to wait and see.

ESPN had Alex Lomax ranked as a 4-Star and ranked him 33rd at his position. Jamaes Akinjo who has been released from his LOI at UConn and whom the Shocks have now offered is also a 4-star and ranked 22nd at his position. So declaring Alex Lomax as the best PG in his class this year and the next 3 years might be a bit of hyperbole.

Comment

• An unfortunate situation for sure. Let's go get someone who wants to be a Shocker.

Comment

• Starting to be a pretty interesting look for Penny. Undermine the current head coach's recruiting, take his job, get kids to decommit and come play for you.

Bold. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• choida
                      choida commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Let's not be bitter..I know it sucks losing a recruit of his stature... But one player does not build a recruiting class... We have a program and a coach that always keeps us relevant

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Landry may or may not be back. Probably depends if he feels comfortable that he would be a 1st round draft pick. If he is confident in that he will be gone. 3G will encourage him to leave if that is the case. My guess is that that will be anything than certain to be the case but we will just have to wait and see.

ESPN had Alex Lomax ranked as a 4-Star and ranked him 33rd at his position. Jamaes Akinjo who has been released from his LOI at UConn and whom the Shocks have now offered is also a 4-star and ranked 22nd at his position. So declaring Alex Lomax as the best PG in his class this year and the next 3 years might be a bit of hyperbole.
                    I'm not talking about ESPN ratings, which only loosely translate to college because they are largely about predicting pros. Landry, on that metric, should be back because he's not a pro right now and he won't be next fall. That's my honest opinion on it. Contrary to some beliefs, individual defense is more important on the next level and Landry hasn't shown he can play it; compare to Fred who has excelled as a collapsing help defender or Ron started a few Knicks games because of his defense (before being sidelined to multiple injuries).

My eye test and heart test say Lomax has a lot of the qualities that made the latter two special (not that their aren't positive comparisons with Landry), while his frame will keep in college for 4 years barring truly ridiculous stats. And I don't expect him to average 25 points and 7 assists; I expect him to be a Fred-type leader on the court that quickly propels his team to bigger and better things. That's why I think he's potentially the best PG in the class. Not the most NBA-ready, not the quickest, fastest, or best shooting, but the best at filling Ws in on the score sheet. I'd make the same claim of Fred.
                    Last edited by CBB_Fan; March 20, 2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X