No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO allow him the release, but block him from going to any other AAC school.

Comment

• Losing Lomax would hurt for sure. But Marshall keeps recruiting for times just like this. We will be ok.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• He retracted that rumor

Comment

• If Mr. Lomax requests his release (and I would be very disappointed if he did) we should not stand in his way. BUT Alex should consider there is a difference in coaching at a high school and in coaching at a successful Div. 1 college. From all I read about Alex it seemed he had many of the attributes of another less than 6' point guard most of us could name. I would hope Fred's stellar traits are some that AL also has.

Comment

• To the idiots on this board, Alex has not asked for a release. RELAX and go back to playing video games in your parents basement.

Comment

• I don’t think he will leave or would ask for a release, but I can see why the dots are easier to connect in this particular situation vs most other ones.
              The Assman

Comment

• You just can't believe everything you read on Memphis twitter. Ran into a discussion between a couple media members and Tiger fans talking about how they never thought a NLI was signed and there's no information on it. There's an article on GoShockers titled 'Lomax Signs Letter of Intent'...

Comment

• Tyler Harris is the one they should be focused on. It may be no coincidence that he hasn’t signed with anyone yet.

Comment

• This program was fine before Lomax and will be fine if Lomax does, indeed, decide to de-commit.

I don’t think he will, but, that being said, he is not bigger than the program.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      A lot of insecurity here. Love to see you guys with your wives and girlfriends in a room of actors and athletes.
                      Finding that BOBB and I are agreeing more and more. Whats' next - Dogs and cats living together? Mass hysteria!

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• After all, it is the city of record that started the “Elvis is still alive” conspiracy theory.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not only is Elvis still alive, he's going to be one of Hardaway's assistants at Memphis. And Lomax, somewhat unexpectedly, turns out to be a huge Elvis fan. Who'd have thunk it?

Get those tinfoil hats ready -- the black helicopters are circling.

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Are you implying that 3G has communicated this to Alex or another appropriate party?

Or is this guy just predicting this based on what usually happens in these situations where the player wants out of his LOI based solely on his desires with no extenuating circumstances other than he may have a close relationship with a guy that happens to be hired as the Memphis head coach. Which I doubt rises to the level of extenuating circumstances in the eyes of the NCAA.
                        This is common sense and how things are done.

I doubt this has been communicated. Why be negative? However, I would be surprised if our coaches have not been in contact Lomax the whole way. It has always sounded like Marshall and the coaching staff has had a great relationship with him the whole way.

For those who describe Penny as a father for Alo. I thought that Alex had a father who was active and involved with his life. I'm sure that Penny is close to Alex as are many coaches with players but to describe it as a father may be a little much. Just a thought.

Comment

• Marshall had a good enough pitch to get ALO to commit to WSU. He'll have a good enough pitch to keep a high school coach with no division 1 coaching experience from being able to convince one of our recruits from decommiting. He'll remind ALO that his history has produced NBA guards FVV, Baker, and Shamet.

I have a feeling Lomax would prefer developing into an NBA player while competing for conference titles and in each NCAA tournament than continuing to play for the same guy who coached his high school and AAU teams, regardless of how close their relationship may be.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Penny is gonna have to prove himself as a college coach before he starts reeling in national level recruits. He might get lucky and land a guy or two that want to stay home, but most guys want to compete for championships. What I want to see is Lomax helping 3G bring in his 5* teammate in a couple years.

Comment

• My gut feeling, based on nothing, is that Penny will eventually be in trouble for recruiting violations.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                                ShockdaWorld commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Might have something to do with the rumors that he wants Larry Brown on his staff, or maybe all the AAU connections, or...Memphis...
                            Working...
                            X