No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is Lomax going to make a statement?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      When is Lomax going to make a statement?
      Penny hasn't even been officially hired yet. No sense worrying or watching for statements until after he or whoever they hire is announced.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
        I just don't have a good feeling about this whole situation.....
        Let me offer some advice on how to live a productive life. Emotions are over rated as a reaction to a situation. When you don’t know anything and shouldn’t say anything, when you don’t want to work but you know you should, or when you are tired of your wife but you know it’s just a bad span in your life, it’s often better to make a decision on how you should react than on a feeling. Better long term decisions in life are actually made when you do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Let me offer some advice on how to live a productive life. Emotions are over rated as a reaction to a situation. When you don’t know anything and shouldn’t say anything, when you don’t want to work but you know you should, or when you are tired of your wife but you know it’s just a bad span in your life, it’s often better to make a decision on how you should react than on a feeling. Better long term decisions in life are actually made when you do this.
          Not sure how that has anything to do with with my previous post, but I hope you feel better.

Comment

Not sure how that has anything to do with with my previous post, but I hope you feel better.
            I think it's totally clear and a little in fun, but I didn't think you'd appreciate it. continue on and have a great life. Seriously :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              When is Lomax going to make a statement?
              He doesn't need to make a statement unless something is contrary to his original signing.

Comment

• He's been liking WSU comments on twitter all night. Everyone needs to cool their jets.

Comment

• Everything I'm seeing has Penny Hardaway as the next Memphis coach and if that's the case, you would think Lomax is gone.
                  Last edited by DPruett2333; March 18, 2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, I wouldn't. Stranger things have happened, but why all the anticipatory worry?

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who is “you”? Cuz I don’t think that

• Haven't logged into this great forum in quite some time...but wanted to help end this little puzzle. Tyler Harris to Memphis...Lomax to Wichita State... These two wanna run their own shows and will get their chance next season... They are great friends but also great competitive players. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Haven't logged into this great forum in quite some time...but wanted to help end this little puzzle. Tyler Harris to Memphis...Lomax to Wichita State... These two wanna run their own shows and will get their chance next season... They are great friends but also great competitive players. You're welcome.
                    I hope you're right. What I've heard is Harris is leaning towards Baylor, which opens the door for Lomax to Memphis.
                    Last edited by DPruett2333; March 18, 2018, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I hope you're right. What I've heard is Harris is leaning towards Baylor, which opens the door for Lomax to Memphis.
                      You really should stop reading Memphis message boards, after a while all that stupid starts affecting your sanity.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

You really should stop reading Memphis message boards, after a while all that stupid starts affecting your sanity.
                        Wheat, you have to admit, if there was a time, situation and a player that was going to change his mind, Lomax would be the perfect candidate and make complete sense. I'll really begin to worry after March Madness as I don't think anything is going to happen until then. I am under the belief that Tyler Harris is the linchpin to this entire discussion, if he goes to Memphis that all but guarantees us Lomax as I can't imagine he would want to share playing time at PG with him.

That said, while I take any comment at face value that I read on their board, undoubtedly there are posters over there who probably make up the inner circle of knowledge just like we have here. The challenge is filtering which comments have any validity to them versus the typical fan hype and BS. Are we to believe 100 percent of their posts about Lomax are 100% false?

Lastly, many of us (I believe) see Lomax as the next Van Vleet, a savior if you will, to ensure Shocker success for the next 4 years as we all know how important a PG is in HCGM's system. Example, how good were we when Landry was subbed? Based on our current PGs, not one of them has shown a modicum of high level PG skills that will be necessary next year in our 'rebuilding' season in order for the Shox to maintain success. A lot of us think Lomax can impact this team right away as he won't be relied upon as a scorer as his defense and pass first mentality would be the easiest path to adjusting to the D1 learning curve and is right up his alley.

We have faith in HCGM and staff to sell our program and that Lomax is a scholar and gentleman whose word is his bond, but I think that is yellow colored sunglassy a tad bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

Wheat, you have to admit, if there was a time, situation and a player that was going to change his mind, Lomax would be the perfect candidate and make complete sense. I'll really begin to worry after March Madness as I don't think anything is going to happen until then. I am under the belief that Tyler Harris is the linchpin to this entire discussion, if he goes to Memphis that all but guarantees us Lomax as I can't imagine he would want to share playing time at PG with him.

That said, while I take any comment at face value that I read on their board, undoubtedly there are posters over there who probably make up the inner circle of knowledge just like we have here. The challenge is filtering which comments have any validity to them versus the typical fan hype and BS. Are we to believe 100 percent of their posts about Lomax are 100% false?

Lastly, many of us (I believe) see Lomax as the next Van Vleet, a savior if you will, to ensure Shocker success for the next 4 years as we all know how important a PG is in HCGM's system. Example, how good were we when Landry was subbed? Based on our current PGs, not one of them has shown a modicum of high level PG skills that will be necessary next year in our 'rebuilding' season in order for the Shox to maintain success. A lot of us think Lomax can impact this team right away as he won't be relied upon as a scorer as his defense and pass first mentality would be the easiest path to adjusting to the D1 learning curve and is right up his alley.

We have faith in HCGM and staff to sell our program and that Lomax is a scholar and gentleman whose word is his bond, but I think that is yellow colored sunglassy a tad bit.

99 percent of the Memphis board are drunken idiots, even more so than Shockernet. They are so anxious to get back to the corrupt Calipari era, they will believe anything they hear. Don't go there if you want good information. The Revenant is so eager to stoke up Shocker drama and discontent, Fever is beginning to sound like a soothsayer regarding his allegiances. He's too eager to be believed as a balanced broker of info.

Comment

• A whole lotta wild speculation being done by a whole lotta Debbie Downers around here.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I'm thinking positive. Both AL and LS remain forming a dynamic duo with AR rotating with them.
                              ES grows to 6'6 and he and Moore will provide scoring from the small forward position - something
                              we have not had lately. MM's senior year, adds 10 pounds of muscle, has a more aggressive
                              mindset attacking the basket. Need for him to have his best year and be the all conference
                              player we thought he was going to be. Need a senior year out of him like Cle had. I also think both
                              AM and Udeze will surprise on the upside. Brown will provide some depth at PF. We finish 3rd
                              in the conference and WIN the tournament. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X