Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idea that the thought won't cross his mind is delusional

Comment

• I need to hang out in the recruiting threads more often. First off, someone said Ty Taylor nearly started his freshman year when FVV was a senior.

Second off, what's going on with the weird he said she said? wufan, you said he would "almost certainly" reconsider his options, not that he would almost certainly try to get out of his commitment. Shockm isn't stating you said he would almost certainly go to Memphis, he's saying we don't even know that he's reconsidering.

Edit: Just realized the Ty Taylor comment was probably about FVV's injuries. That year started out rough.

Comment

• 100% he's going to at least think about it should Penny get the UM job.

They are already talking about it on Memphis sports radio.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Memphis sports radio makes up half of the stuff they talk about ... Marshall was supposedly their next coach before they hired Tubby according to Memphis sports radio.

• A lot of insecurity here. Love to see you guys with your wives and girlfriends in a room of actors and athletes.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
          Downtown Shocker Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot? Or a few insecure posters who love drama?

I have ZERO concern FWIW.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          +1, BOBB.

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly having only my wives and my girlfriends in the same room would be enough to make me insecure.

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        A lot of insecurity here. Love to see you guys with your wives and girlfriends in a room of actors and athletes.
        Bingo BOBB!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Here is some food for thought about Tubby keeping his job. Last Season with 2nd leading scorer Markel Crawford (now at Ole Miss), along with the Lawson brothers now sitting out a year at KU, Memphis was 19-13 and 9-9. They lost those 3 stars along with the exodus of 3 or 4 more players. This Season they were 21-13 and 10-8. Unless you want eggs in your beer, Tubby's squad did better than I ever dreamed he would considering losing so many key players.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Former NBA All-Star Penny Hardaway returned to his blighted old neighborhood to turn middle-schoolers into champions.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              Aljazeera trying to stir the pot in America again. :)

• shockerfan
              shockerfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol I noticed after I posted the link. Still interesting article that speaks a little to A-Lo's relationship with Penny.

Not insinuating anything. Besides, our program is bigger than any one player. Just have to see how it plays out

• Looks like Tubby is officially out at Memphis.

A-Lo can go to Memphis whether or not WSU releases him from his LOI. If they don't release him he sits out a year.

Not sure whether or not WSU would relaease him to go to another AAC school but if A-Lo tells 3G that he is going to Memphis in any case maybe 3G would just go ahead and give a release and not force him to sit out a year.

Personally, my opinion is A-Lo won't asked to be released and will stick to his commitment ala Fred Van Vleet who thrived at Wichita State and is thriving in the NBA. But I guess you never know.

Comment

• You would think if Alex was strong with WSU, he'd have tweeted or be on the record saying he's sticking with us. The fact that he hasn't said anything, is that a red flag? His team is in the midst of the state playoffs so that's probably the reason or he's prohibited from saying something, but for us worrywarts, it sure would be nice to see A-Lo saying he's still coming here. Yeah, my man crush with A-Lo is strong so I realize my paranoia.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                Alex is also in the middle of a state championship run .. in fact he had a game this afternoon.

• ShockdaWorld
                ShockdaWorld commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you read your girlfriend/wife’s text messages too?

• golferc
                golferc commented
                Editing a comment
                You need to change your name to Shox The Irrelevant

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Looks like Tubby is officially out at Memphis.

A-Lo can go to Memphis whether or not WSU releases him from his LOI. If they don't release him he sits out a year.
              Could go tp prep school or to juco, also.

Comment

• Tweet from a radio guy in Memphis:

“JUST IN: A source close to East High school expects Alex Lomax will at some point seek a release from his NLI at Wichita State to join Penny Hardaway at Memphis and that James Wiseman will play his Senior season at East High.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Could go tp prep school or to juco, also.
                  Yeah. Going juco would use up a year of eligibility though so not sure that would be his first choice. He could go the prep school route if he wants to play somehwere next year and maintain 4 years of eligibility. There is not much you can do if he decides he wants to play for Memphis other than delaying it a year. Would you rather face a true freshman, sophomore, junior and senior over the next 4 years or a kid with another year of experience and maturity for 4 years beginning a year later?

Comment

• I think coach has to just let him go. It would look bad on us if don't let him go. Its better its happening now than them letting this drag out.

Comment

• another shocker
                      another shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yep.. let him go.. even if he is the best high school point guard in the country. he will NOT want to play against his former high school coach once he gets to the aac.

but i am sceptical about penny's chances for long term success at memphis. josh pastner part 2. they wanted it, they got it.

• I don't want to get into this, but from a better source than the "radio guy:"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      I don't want to get into this, but from a better source than the "radio guy:"

Are you implying that 3G has communicated this to Alex or another appropriate party?

Or is this guy just predicting this based on what usually happens in these situations where the player wants out of his LOI based solely on his desires with no extenuating circumstances other than he may have a close relationship with a guy that happens to be hired as the Memphis head coach. Which I doubt rises to the level of extenuating circumstances in the eyes of the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                      X