X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BORN to play for Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      I think Shocker Nation is going to be extremely happy with AL running the team for a few years. Don't know what the school assist record is but it might just be in trouble!
      You disgust me. You should be ashamed.
      It begins and ends with Fred VanVleet. It's well over 600.

Comment

• that defense looked smooth-as-silk. made his man turn this way, and then took it that way. effortless.

i find it hard to believe that there is a better point guard in the country. seriously.

Comment

• Memphis East is ridiculous. Wiseman would be a lottery pick TODAY were he eligible. They do have a problem with Wiseman and Moss possibly being declared ineligible. Likely several NBA guys on the floor, and yeah, Alex drives the bus. Fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Wonder if Alex could help us get Mr. Wiseman. Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!
            That seems like a VERY long shot but hey, you never know. Malcolm Dandridge would probably be much more attainable. That kid has a man's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              i find it hard to believe that there is a better point guard in the country. seriously.
              I have a couple of thoughts on this. 1) He's 5'11". Doesn't quite pass the "airport test". 2) the higher-rated guys probably play with less talented teammates, so the highly rated guys probably score better. 3) The guys he plays with are so ridiculously talented that the evaluaters think that anybody could look great playing with those guys.

I can see why basketball fans from Memphis, who watched Lomax and (what's his name, the other guy from Memphis who was going to come here, then was going to Iowa State, and now isn't going anywhere yet) think Lomax was the prize recruit.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

Fred has already earned serious consideration to put his jersey on display along with X,AC, Ralph, etc. Lomax has earned the right to be a highly discussed recruit who will most likely have a highly decorated Shocker career. There is nothing wrong with Shocker fans dreaming into the future.

Comment

• Shaqness
                  Shaqness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wasn't trying to not anyone who has high hope for Alo. I'm one of them. I was just trying to scold him for not knowing the all time career assist leader was our commander and chief, FVV.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Fred has already earned serious consideration to put his jersey on display along with X,AC, Ralph, etc. Lomax has earned the right to be a highly discussed recruit who will most likely have a highly decorated Shocker career. There is nothing wrong with Shocker fans dreaming into the future.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Fred's jersey will be hanging in the rafters...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

Not to take away from Fred because he was great. The best point guard in Shocker history. However, when it comes to assists we shouldn't be so quick to forget about Warren Armstrong. Warren just happened to play at a time when Freshman were not elibible to play for the "Varsity" and they only played about 26 games a year during Warren's career at WSU as Warren played in only 78 games comared to Fred's 141 over 4 years. So while Fred has substantially more total assists than Warren at 637 to 429, Warren actually averaged more assists per game at 5.50 than Fred'a average of 4.52 per game.

Also the Valley was still very good in 1965-68 when Warren played with Cincy and Louiville in the league and Bradley, Drake, Tulsa and St. Louis much better than they are today plus Memphis State joined the party in 1968. Plus you might want to check out the non-con schedule in those years.

So my opinion might be that at this point it begins with Warren and ends with Fred with the story continuing.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just as a follow-up the better comparison is probably Fred's final 3 years to Warren's 3 years. Warren averaged 5.50 assists per game and Fred 5.37 assists per game. Very close but Warren (who was not a point guard) still has a slight edge in per game average. Warren's APG average is #1 in Shocker history. Of course, players overall impact on Shocker basketball history involve a lot more than one isolated stat. Hopefully, A-Lo will not only put up big assists numbers but he will also prove to be truly a high impact player as a Shocker. Both Warren and Fred qualify as that.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2017, 05:45 PM.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I have a couple of thoughts on this. 1) He's 5'11". Doesn't quite pass the "airport test". 2) the higher-rated guys probably play with less talented teammates, so the highly rated guys probably score better. 3) The guys he plays with are so ridiculously talented that the evaluaters think that anybody could look great playing with those guys.

I can see why basketball fans from Memphis, who watched Lomax and (what's his name, the other guy from Memphis who was going to come here, then was going to Iowa State, and now isn't going anywhere yet) think Lomax was the prize recruit.

The other guy is Tyler Harris. He's been putting up stupid numbers this year .. but is definitely a score first point guard. We got the one that will excel in Marshall's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Memphis East is ridiculous. Wiseman would be a lottery pick TODAY were he eligible. They do have a problem with Wiseman and Moss possibly being declared ineligible. Likely several NBA guys on the floor, and yeah, Alex drives the bus. Fun to watch.
                      I Live in Memphis right now. The ENTIRE city is livid with Tubby Smith and his inability or lack of desire to recruit kids heavy in Memphis. Tubby is gone this year, no doubt about that.

Anyways. Memohis East is ridiculous. Hard to believe that is a city high school team and not an IMG or some other type of academy.

Memphis should never be as bad a program as it is right now with the amount of talent this city produces. It amazed me when I went to a few open gyms and local YMCAs when I first moved here the amount of talent that was on display.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• This kid has unbelievable court vision. And the quicks to go along with it.

Comment

• wichshock65
                          wichshock65 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What is that guy in your profile picture doing to that chicken???

• ShockingButTrue
                          ShockingButTrue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Making a sacrifice to the hoop Gods

• Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          yes. he deserves to be accepted in that type of atmosphere. hopefully, everybody leaves happy.. except for ou, for one day. trae young will be scrutinized.

Comment

Working...
                          X