No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomax led Memphis East to a 68-64 win over Columbus (MS) last night. Columbus is led by Top 100 recruit Robert Woodall. Memphis East has received some bad news this week, as 2018 3-star forward Ryan Boyce and 2019 5-star center James Wiseman have been ruled ineligible for the season. Tennessee has a rule that a player can't transfer to another high school in which he has a connection to the coach. Since Penny Hardaway coaches East High and both James and Ryan played for Team Penny this summer they we're ruled ineligible. Will be a big blow for Memphis East which was #1 in several preseason publications.

Lomax's final stat line: 24 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals and 2 blocks. http://www.prepcircuit.com/game/show...bseason=412391

Full Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chFo...ature=youtu.be

*you can see more highlights from his last two games in the post above.
    Last edited by shocks02; November 21, 2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Seems like Penny would be aware of such a rule.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Looks like he's a keeper... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Seems like Penny would be aware of such a rule.
          Penny doesn't directly coach any of the AAU teams I believe, so that might've been where the confusion or misinterpretation occurred. This should be a good test for Alex though as they'll face several elite high school teams throughout the season.

Comment

• Wonder if they have some sort appeal or recourse. That seems odd to disqualify those 2 other guys if Penny was not their coach and just a name attached to their AAU team.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              They're trying to stop recruiting. It's difficult to stop but if you don't allow transfers into programs where the coach has a previous relationship with the player, you put a halt to at least some illegal recruiting.

• I'm loving our season so far and don't want to rush anything, especially Landry's transition to the NBA, but damn, I'm looking forward to seeing this young man on the court in a Shocker uniform!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
              I'm loving our season so far and don't want to rush anything, especially Landry's transition to the NBA, but damn, I'm looking forward to seeing this young man on the court in a Shocker uniform!
              Hey, I think we would be able to play them both next year... :)

Comment

• A-Lo had 11 Pts, 7 Reb, 8 Ast, 6 Stls, 1 Blk, 1 TO in a win over #8 Findlay Prep
                The Assman

Comment

• In an interesting turn of events, James Wiseman and Ryan Boyce are now eligible for East. Memphis East is now at full strength and it showed in an impressive win over a Findlay Prep team that was ranked as high as #1 by certain publications and had a roster listing Bol Bol, Conner Vanover, TJ Moss, Kyler Edwards and Reggie Chaney.

Here are full highlights from the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJw2FtaiACY

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    In an interesting turn of events, James Wiseman and Ryan Boyce are now eligible for East. Memphis East is now at full strength and it showed in an impressive win over a Findlay Prep team that was ranked as high as #1 by certain publications and had a roster listing Bol Bol, Conner Vanover, TJ Moss, Kyler Edwards and Reggie Chaney.

Here are full highlights from the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJw2FtaiACY
                    Alo, even with all of his accolades may be under rated by some. He will make every player who surrounds him better. The only reason he's not rated higher (Top 100) is because he's not 6'2 or 6'3.

Comment

• He's a stone cold killer.

Comment

• The great thing about A-Lo playing on Memphis East is that not only is he playing with great players, but playing against some of the best high school talent in the country.

That will defiantly shorten the learning curve going into D1 Basketball.

Just imagine if Landry and Markis come back, and you have a backup PG to the caliber of A-Lo?!?! Man, make it so!
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Just imagine if Landry and Markis come back, and you have a backup PG to the caliber of A-Lo?!?! Man, make it so!
                          Or A-Lo is so good he takes over the starting PG postion with Landry moving to the 2 with Samajae backing up A-Lo and Austin and Erik backing up Landry and, of course, with Landry able to play the point when needed and Austin able to play the 1, 2 and occassional 3 as needed.

Comment

• Somewhere I hear Cle, Kel, Ron, and Fred whining about superteams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                              Somewhere I hear Cle, Kel, Ron, and Fred whining about superteams.
                              I have a hard time imagining Fred, Ron or Tekele whining about much of anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X