No announcement yet.

Keyshawn Bryant 6'7 SF 2018 to South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my hopes and dreams are in this guy. He reminds me of Michael Jordan. Looks like a total blue-chipper. Seems to have a bit of an attitude but likely gained it playing as a god amongst mere mortals growing up. Sky's the limit (that includes sneaker deals).

Hopefully you enjoy every second of this video like I have.

P.S. A moist towel nearby would be helpful...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

All my hopes and dreams are in this guy. He reminds me of Michael Jordan. Looks like a total blue-chipper. Seems to have a bit of an attitude but likely gained it playing as a god amongst mere mortals growing up. Sky's the limit (that includes sneaker deals).

Hopefully you enjoy every second of this video like I have.

P.S. A moist towel nearby would be helpful...

T

Looks like a poor man's Markis McDuffie. Look at the competition he's playing against!! Tempering your enthusiasm would be wise.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think tempering is necessary with this kid.

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post

Looks like a poor man's Markis McDuffie. Look at the competition he's playing against!! Tempering your enthusiasm would be wise.
      He he he...

Here's Markis McDuffie's highlights for comparison.

And here's Keyshawn at 16 or less.

Another more recent highlight film.

Markis is a great player and we're glad to have him but when he goes to sleep at night, he dreams of having the jets that Keyshawn enjoys...

T

Comment

I would be excited to land either Bryant or Arop. Bryant appears to be more polished offensively. I do hope we haven’t “cooled” on him too. Been quiet on the Bryant front recently until Missouri and Ole Miss got involved a few hours ago.

Comment

C0|dB|00ded approved footage.
          The Assman

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            This man's game touches me in all my tingly places... Oh my!

T

• ShockerPhi
            ShockerPhi commented
            Editing a comment
            Kid's treating this gym like Rucker Park.

I’m with CB on this guy. One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that what you see in high school highlights is the same thing you eventually see in college. McDuffie’s highlights sho that he’s a perimeter player and a little soft on his drives. Not much has changed. Bryant get in the lane and finishes, plus he has a nice outside stroke.

Comment

Bryant has been on the top of my list since we got involved with him. I would to get either Bryant or Amin.

Comment

Young man can definitely score, I'd like to see him with more muscle and using his right hand more

Comment

I’m not sure Bryant will be a good chemistry match on a team full of young-uns. We already have Chance Moore who has a reputation for being a challenge to Gregg’s system. With our leadership challenges, I’m not sure we bring in another threat to a positive locker room culture. At least with Arop you have someone who coaches can trust without having to mold him.

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you can get a talent like Bryant, you do. Having a little attitude is a huge plus in my estimation. WSU's players have been a tad to nice lately in my opinion.

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You equate nice to being a hard competitor who is a good teammate? Erik Stevenson is a good example of a good competitor and teammate besides being talented. . FVV, Ron, Tekeke, etc. we’re all great competitors, leaders, talented, and low maintenance teammates from day 1. Cle needed a little more maintenance but we had leaders everywhere around him. Arop may be every bit as good as Bryant and a good teammate. Chance is a higher maintenance talent from what I’ve heard. Coach will know for sure and I trust his judgement but I guarantee he weighs these issues when signing players.

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I equate "having a little attitude" to Xavier Mcdaniel. A guy who would get it done at the end of a game. You think he needed molding?

I've got to think we (or he's) cooled on the situation at this point. There's really been no momentum since his visit. He looks like a future NBA lock to me and for some reason, I just can't imagine him ever playing much defense (unless he's mad and wants to humiliate somebody). His 'tude would require a major adjustment or there would be fights in practice. He is supremely talented offensively and I would love to see a player like this in Koch Arena but ask yourself honestly, does he really look like he fit's the "Gregg Marshall mold"? He kind of reminds me of Eric Hamilton in a couple ways and maybe that's why I like him - and maybe that's why I have my doubts.

Imagine coach putting him into the game in the second half and telling him to make the extra pass and allow his defense to create his offense... heh. I would love to believe he could be that player. I personally think he'd be happier playing for Jank and getting the green light at half court...

T

Comment

• Bluzrover
                  Bluzrover commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wait a minute...are you still on his bandwagon or not? You seem to be equivicating now.

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NM
                  Last edited by Topshock; May 3, 2018, 01:09 PM.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you're talking to me - I'd absolutely love to see us sign him. I just know "stars" don't work out too well in HCGM's system. Topshock could be right though, in the AAC we could really use a guy that can just take the game over when things stagnate. Maybe 3G will evolve a bit. But this boy's gonna have to play sound defense.

T

When did he visit?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  When did he visit?
                  That’s a great question. I know we visited him in March and April. If he did, it was fall signing period.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent, key point, guys -- if a player didn't visit WSU, it would be very surprising if he were actually to sign with the Shocks, however impressed some poster(s) may be with his physique or video.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  When did he visit?
                  You're right - my bad. OUR visit, not his...

T

Comment

He does have the "it" factor, which I like. Wish I saw more highlights of his outside shooting stroke, how well he can create a shot (that's not a layup or dunk), and using his off hand.

I love the athleticism and if he can shoot at all, he's worth taking on (can always develop his off hand while here). If he doesn't work it (which i am not speculating at all), then both parties can always move on like they usually do. Bryant seems to have the intensity to buy in though.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      I’m not sure Bryant will be a good chemistry match on a team full of young-uns. We already have Chance Moore who has a reputation for being a challenge to Gregg’s system. With our leadership challenges, I’m not sure we bring in another threat to a positive locker room culture. At least with Arop you have someone who coaches can trust without having to mold him.
                      Again, I have no ****ing clue what posts like this are latching onto to think that this guy has an attitude problem. The videos I've seen are benign relative to a high school kid.

Do you care to elaborate? Point to a tweet? A timestamp in a video? Something?
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can't speak for others, but the comments I've made about a possible 'tude, would be due to the fact that he stares down and/or talks trash after every single play he makes. I don't think I've ever seen a recruiting film with more "frontin'" goin' on. It's not a good look. Doesn't matter to me though, I'll take him to church and personally baptize him if it means I get to watch those dunks on AAC opponents for the next two years...

T

Working...
                    X