No announcement yet.

Keyshawn Bryant 6'7 SF 2018 to South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have one knuckle head on a team.

But more than one and they start to breed.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Shaq graduates in 2018.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Donnie Jones visited Keyshawn yesterday.

Comment

• shocks02
          shocks02 commented
          Editing a comment
          Serrel Smith was released from his LOI to Ole Miss this morning. Hope Donnie is making a trip over to St. Petersburg.

Videos look good. Not sure what "antics" the metamucil crowd is crowing on about in the first posts in this thread, but looks fine to me.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Don't understand this, but he can play

Comment

Corey Evans
            @coreyevans_10
            12h12 hours ago
            More

Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall made his rounds in Florida today seeing available seniors Keyshawn Bryant & Berrick JeanLouis

Comment

I'm not sure what happened to this kid, he was originally 170's on recruiting services and has dropped to 270 on 257.

Comment

Went back and looked at video. Kid has quick first step. Looks good inside and out and handles
                ball well. Possible shot blocker and defender of drivers. I like what I see on video.

Comment

This kid is an athletic freak. Kids his age aren't supposed to be able to dunk like that.

I like the little swagger he's got. It's definitely something we've lacked. He'd fit right in with Stevenson.

If he's coachable at all, he could be a damn fine add.
                  The Assman

Comment

Seems a bit odd we’re going after a couple SF/PF types.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We HAVE to have at least 1 PG (probably 2), but there are at least 3 scholly's to work with, might as well go for best available

• shelback
                      shelback commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Right now three ships to give. For sure two wii be points

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Seems a bit odd we’re going after a couple SF/PF types.
                    I think we need a 4 (preferably a strecth 4) that can share that load with Markis. Otherwise who do we have to fill that 4 spot. Maybe Isaiah. Seems like Asbjorn, Morris and Jaime are primarily 5's. Maybe Chance although he seems hyped more as a 3 maybe even a 2. If we can bring in 2 guards capable of playing the point another good 4 man would be at the top of the list. Admittedly I making that statement based on very superficial knowledge of the incoming players.

Comment

Are the recruiting information services making "position" changes with the newer approach of who a PF is? I think that in the past, most PFs were smaller 5s that might have a jump shot and a little mobility. Now the trend seems to be PFs that are taller/stronger/very mobile SFs who can shoot the 3, guard outside or inside, and rebound.

Maybe a 6th position category is needed: Stretch 4 vs traditional PF.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        I'm not sure what happened to this kid, he was originally 170's on recruiting services and has dropped to 270 on 257.
                        He left Huntington Prep to go back to his old high school for his senior year. Maybe that had something to do with it. At Winter Haven he was County POY.

Player of the Year: Keyshawn Bryant, Winter Haven

Senior 6-7 Forward

Why We Picked Him: Keyshawn Bryant became the third player under head coach Tyrone Woodside to score more than 1,000 points in his career at Winter Haven, joining Devon Walker and Chance McSpadden. An athletic, explosive player, Bryant, who had two 40-point games, could drive to the basket but also pull up and hit jump shots. He scored a season-high 45 points against rival Auburndale and also had 42 in a big district game against Lakeland. One-on-one, he was nearly impossible to stop. For the season, he averaged 22.5 points and 8.2 rebounds. In the four postseason games, he averaged 23.3 points and 8.0 rebounds.

“Keyshawn made an expected smooth transition back to our team after returning from Huntington Prep. This was obviously not a surprise because of his close lifelong relationships with his teammates. ... Keyshawn allowed our coaching staff to coach him hard and push him to seek a higher goal of being a complete player.” — Winter Haven coach Tyrone Woodside
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think we need a 4 (preferably a strecth 4) that can share that load with Markis. Otherwise who do we have to fill that 4 spot. Maybe Isaiah. Seems like Asbjorn, Morris and Jaime are primarily 5's. Maybe Chance although he seems hyped more as a 3 maybe even a 2. If we can bring in 2 guards capable of playing the point another good 4 man would be at the top of the list. Admittedly I making that statement based on very superficial knowledge of the incoming players.
                          What position is Rod Brown being groomed for?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                            1972Shocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You know, I am not sure. He is kind of tweener. At 6-6 a bit on the small side at the 4. Maybe he can play the 4 but he seems more like someone in he mold of Zach Brown who was primarily a 3.

• ShockTalk
                            ShockTalk commented
                            Editing a comment
                            In the recruiting services he was listed as a SF. However, he was also 6'4" at the time. So, I'm still going a 3 with a potential to be a 3/4.

• Shockm
                            Shockm commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Reports I’ve heard is that Rod Brown is already Zach’s size and weight. 6’6 215 and a very strong rebounder. I would think he would grow to be 6’6 and 225-230 and very capable of playing the 4. He may even grow to be closer to Carl Hall.

Keep in mind would could keep recruiting with the idea that some end up at Sunrise.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                            1972Shocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Maybe, but then you are really recruiting for the Class of 2019. No doubt there is a lot of that going on.

The biggest concerns we have right now are our immediate needs. Which are significant.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2018, 03:54 PM.

• 1972Shocker
                            1972Shocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            BTW, recruiting for 2019 right now is for 2 scholarships. Markis and Samajae will be our only two seniors next year. That could expand if we add a grad transfer this year or we don't use all of our 3 open scholarships we now have (which seems unlikely but I guess you never know).

• WheatShock
                            WheatShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We also have a 2019 commit in DeAntoni Gordon who is looking like a damn good player.
                        Working...
                        X