N'Faly Dante 6'11 C 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Rivals discusses the interesting recruitment of N'Faly. Believe this is the first time WSU has been mentioned directly in connection with Mr. Dante, and those words probably came directly from Sunrise HC Luke Barnwell.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....rday-takeaways
    Wherever he goes he will be a one and done...unless they change the rules by then. Easily worth the price of admission to go watch play.

Comment

OK, OK, consider the source, but...this is from Kunkle.

"I'm told he has serious interest in Wichita State". Could just be coach speak coming out of Sunrise, but much as I hate to say it, Kunkle has been fairly accurate when reporting facts. It's his editorializing that seems to be suspect.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        OK, OK, consider the source, but...this is from Kunkle.

"I'm told he has serious interest in Wichita State". Could just be coach speak coming out of Sunrise, but much as I hate to say it, Kunkle has been fairly accurate when reporting facts. It's his editorializing that seems to be suspect.
        Twitter? Sports Sunday?

Comment

• Aargh
          Aargh commented
          Editing a comment
          Sports Sunday. I watch that because I go to bed late and it's about the best thing on at 10:30 on a Sunday night.

• im4wsu
          im4wsu commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a cop-out, Aargh. But I do the same thing. I watch KSN sports then switch over. Somehow KAKE never gets my consideration, but maybe it should.

Dante had 7 points in the 76-65 win over #2 ranked Oak Hill Academy.

Comment

Perhaps the best prospect at Sunrise attended the UC/WSU game.

Comment

I Believe that Kyle Lindsted was the lead recruiter for this 5* recruit and one or two others.

Comment

I really hate losing Kyle. Great man and recruiter. If we had a decent shot at getting Dante, which I believe we did, it certainly took a huge hit when Kyle left. Stinks.

Comment

• Aargh
                Aargh commented
                Editing a comment
                If Linsted was the recruiter some are making him out to be and if he was our best shot for signing Dante, then Marshall messed up - BIG TIME! Quality employers find ways to keep their best employees.

Me too. I have known Kyle since he was knee-high-to-a-grasshoppa. Yes, I do believe Kyle was doing lots of the heavy lifting on the recruits we already signed. Kyle will do well in the future because he is quite a salesman, but also a tireless worker. If I recall, he came to us after the Season or so we had already played in the Final 4. With that said, Coach Marshall does a great job hiring assistants that really help grow our Program. Thus, while this change is a hit, be ready for another impressive replacement that will land on both feet running and recruiting up a storm that also brings new contacts and possible relationships that will land us some more AAC type winning players here to 21st. and Hillside. Players, assistants, and head coaches come and they go. Even so, is it true WSU had Danced 6 times before 3G got here and now add 7 more Dances in a row lately? Not bad for a top 10 Coach in the whole Country IMO.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                I really hate losing Kyle. Great man and recruiter. If we had a decent shot at getting Dante, which I believe we did, it certainly took a huge hit when Kyle left. Stinks.
                I think HCGM will still have a good shot at high level recruits (Cold’s lunker dream). Not insinuating anything with this comment, but recruiting Dante might require playing in the slop; coach Marshall has publicly stated we won’t be going down that path...

c4f38c30ee42a5075be903cd05d5ba60.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Me too. I have known Kyle since he was knee-high-to-a-grasshoppa. Yes, I do believe Kyle was doing lots of the heavy lifting on the recruits we already signed. Kyle will do well in the future because he is quite a salesman, but also a tireless worker. If I recall, he came to us after the Season or so we had already played in the Final 4. With that said, Coach Marshall does a great job hiring assistants that really help grow our Program. Thus, while this change is a hit, be ready for another impressive replacement that will land on both feet running and recruiting up a storm that also brings new contacts and possible relationships that will land us some more AAC type winning players here to 21st. and Hillside. Players, assistants, and head coaches come and they go. Even so, is it true WSU had Danced 6 times before 3G got here and now add 7 more Dances in a row lately? Not bad for a top 10 Coach in the whole Country IMO.
                  Kyle is a good recruiter but every program needs a deal closer and Marshall is a closer.

I dont think that SCA is known for “slop”. I have visited with a couple of people who know about the basketball recruits and they said that building up Christian men was important at SCA. They also said that there have been some kids who didn’t appreciate rules who were sent packing. Not saying that kids are always perfect but they have high standards.

Comment

OMFG I had no idea how important Kyle Lindsted of Sunrise Christian Academy fame was to our program. How on earth did we exist before his hiring and what ever will we do now that he is leaving...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Since we are getting Grant, his teammate at SCA, we need to offer this kid! I’d love to see HCGM land a 5 star recruit. Since Grant came to WSU that means we should have a chance. Come on Grant...tell your buddy to join the ride!
                      Shocker Alumni
                      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That would headline next years recruitment no doubt

• Windiwu
                        Windiwu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He's been offered by both the KU and UK programs. I'm not for sure this is truly the type player GGG is wanting to put too much effort in to. He gets some pretty durn good posts that he can get more than one year's playing from.

If he comes here I will buy pizza for this entire board, unless of course he is a poster on this board, in which case it would be a violation.

Comment

Word on the streets, is that he will probably reclassify to this fall, but has been pretty quiet about his recruiting possibilities. Who knows?!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                        Word on the streets, is that he will probably reclassify to this fall, but has been pretty quiet about his recruiting possibilities. Who knows?!
                        If he reclassified then our recruiting class for this year would have to be top 25. Would be HUGE! We can dream right?!?!
                        Shocker Alumni
                        Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                        Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• moshock
                          moshock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Who is this "WE" you are referring to ??

• WichitaHawk
                          WichitaHawk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Shocker fans and myself. I’d love to have a 5 star recruit sign with WSU in my life time. Would be freaking awesome. And yeah yeah I know my username has hawk in it. I grew up a KU fan as a kid but became a huge shocker fan when my cousin took me to the games when Jason Perez played! Been a shocker fan ever since. Still like the hawks but not as much as the shockers!

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can avoid holding your name against you -- after all, the word Chickenhawk (also eleven letters, by the way, just like your nom de plume) contains "hawk," and even Marshall likes that one.

Plus, if you still like the Chickens you're probably familiar with 5* recruits, although Marshall takes a different approach to recruiting than they do up the road.
                      Working...
                      X