Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    Nuuuuuuuuuu.

Man we're running out of my recruiting crushes at guard.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I think we get Shamet for 2 more years. I think the NBA will take a wait-and-see approach to see if he can go a year without a stress fracture in his foot. It might also be better for Shamet if he could demonstrate an injury-free year.
      Consistent injuries are a reason to jump to the NBA, not stay in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Consistent injuries are a reason to jump to the NBA, not stay in college.
        Yes, I understand your point, And. Get the $$ while it's there.

But consistent injuries can also be a reason not to get drafted, unfortunately; or to get drafted lower than you would have been otherwise. And when the draft is only two rounds long and there's a big difference in security between first round and second -- literally, between pick #30 and pick #31, although as Baker has shown, going undrafted altogether isn't necessarily a disaster -- there isn't a lot of margin for error. After all, it isn't like Shamet is going to drop off the radar, given the amount of attention he's getting already.

Comment

• You could kind of sense this one coming. A young man has to go with where he is most comfortable. I wish him well. I have confidence in 3G that we will fill out our roster adequatley.

One thing working against 3G and the Shocks with the Class of 2018 guards is that we are only losing Conner for sure and we already have a Class of 2018 shooting guard committed. A lot of these higher profile players are looking for situations where a path to immiediate playing time is perhaps a bit more obvious.

Comment

• With Andy Kennedy out at Ole Miss, it'll be interesting to see what route Serrel chooses to go. I would think if a de-commit ends up happening then the Shox would be heavily in the picture.

Comment

• Serrel has de-committed from Ole Miss.

Comment

• He would be a good one to get!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Room would be made if the scales tipped our way. This kid is smart, talented and a perfect complement to Alo and Eric

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    With Andy Kennedy out at Ole Miss, it'll be interesting to see what route Serrel chooses to go. I would think if a de-commit ends up happening then the Shox would be heavily in the picture.
                    You nailed that prediction!!!

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                      forevershockerfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Serrel was and now is again, Very high on my wish list for new Shockers.

• shocks02
                      shocks02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's too easy!

• This guy is a good player. I would prefer another true point guard, maybe to redshirt behind ALo. After this year with Landry, I don't want a combo guard running the point. That is no knock on Landry's talent, just think he is out of position and our only real pg backup is a walking turnover. Remember when HCGM said he would never have a team without a couple of point guards, or something like that?
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Even with Landry leaving, I would guess that one of either SHJ/CJ is going to be playing basketball elsewhere next season.

ABS. Always. Be. Shaving.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Landry isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• BOBB
                          BOBB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good. Then he can move back to the 2.

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        This guy is a good player. I would prefer another true point guard, maybe to redshirt behind ALo. After this year with Landry, I don't want a combo guard running the point. That is no knock on Landry's talent, just think he is out of position and our only real pg backup is a walking turnover. Remember when HCGM said he would never have a team without a couple of point guards, or something like that?
                        i think it would be tough to convince a good PG to come here the same time as A Lo. They all want to start immediately. We don’t need another second tier PG. We’d be better off signing a combo and brining in another top notch PG in 2 years.

Comment

• Could be interesting .. Memphis fans are adamant that Lomax is asking out of his LOI. So would this be a fill in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Could be interesting .. Memphis fans are adamant that Lomax is asking out of his LOI. So would this be a fill in?
                            I think Memphis fans are just experiencing a case of "hope springs eternal".

If they hire Penny, they have a good chance to sign Tyler Harris which takes care of their PG needs.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                            X