Serrel Smith 6'4 G 2018 to Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    "We need this kid...oh he's going somewhere else? Not cut out to be a Shocker."

Like the Butabi brothers..lol
    Bingo.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      http://scout.com/college/ole-miss/Ar...y-th-107090560

Four crystal balls in the last couple of days on Ole Miss and I think this article is why. Those two NCAA tournaments that Andy Kennedy has had in 12 years are impressive. Especially the one in which he had to sell his soul to Marshall Henderson to reach the round of 32.
      Oh, what I would have given to see Ole Miss play WSU in the Sweet 16. Tekele would have frustrated Marshall Henderson to no end.
      78-65

Comment

• As much as I'd like to see us bring in a top flight PG, I have a feeling our top targets are wanting immediate PT. Shamet going pro after this year is still a coin toss. We may have to live with Jones being our PG next year and bringing in a premier guy next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          As much as I'd like to see us bring in a top flight PG, I have a feeling our top targets are wanting immediate PT. Shamet going pro after this year is still a coin toss. We may have to live with Jones being our PG next year and bringing in a premier guy next year.
          Maybe Haynes-Jones is a premier PG?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            As much as I'd like to see us bring in a top flight PG, I have a feeling our top targets are wanting immediate PT. Shamet going pro after this year is still a coin toss. We may have to live with Jones being our PG next year and bringing in a premier guy next year.
            The jury is still out whether Serrell is a point guard and that won't be known for some time. We just know he can score and make plays 1 on 1. If He doesn't include other players and run Gregg's offense, point guard is not his best position.

Comment

• Just because Ole Miss's sales pitch may be that he will have free reign to fire at will and he can decide how hard he wants to work on the defensive end doesn't necessarily mean that is what Serrell is looking for. If that is what he looking for than maybe he would be happier at Ole Miss. But if is interested in developing into the best and toughest all-around team player he can be than Wichita State is hard to beat. The Wichita State approach hasn't seemed to hinder players from moving on to the next level. We'll eventually find out the answer to that question one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Just because Ole Miss's sales pitch may be that he will have free reign to fire at will and he can decide how hard he wants to work on the defensive end doesn't necessarily mean that is what Serrell is looking for. If that is what he looking for than maybe he would be happier at Ole Miss. But if is interested in developing into the best and toughest all-around team player he can be than Wichita State is hard to beat. The Wichita State approach hasn't seemed to hinder players from moving on to the next level. We'll eventually find out the answer to that question one way or the other.
                Bingo II...

Or, for empirical confirmation, see P. Ellis vs. E. Wessal. GGG wants players who go get the B-ball! It works for his teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Bingo II...

Or, for empirical confirmation, see P. Ellis vs. E. Wessal. GGG wants players who go get the B-ball! It works for his teams.
                  Obviously since HCGM is recruiting him, he believes Serrel can be everything he wants. If he doesn't choose us, that doesn't mean that he isn't all the great things that make a Shocker special.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Obviously since HCGM is recruiting him, he believes Serrel can be everything he wants. If he doesn't choose us, that doesn't mean that he isn't all the great things that make a Shocker special.
                    If he doesn't choose us the feeling would probably be mutual.

"We want players who want to be here." GGG wants players who want to be fitted with rings. I echo that sentiment as well. It's not a reach to guess that opportunity probably won't be there with the Rebels. Maybe it would be a better fit for him.

Comment

• Committed to Ole Miss

Comment

• :(
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Well I hope we're getting Lomax. He would've been my first choice at guard to begin with but it sucks to not have a safety net with your second and third options. Wonder if the coaching staff is going to try to get Neftali Alvarez in for a visit? I know he checked out Arkansas State last weekend and had at one point planned to visit Wichita.

Comment

• If we don't get Lomax, I think I'd rather try to get someone from the Junior class. We still have Shamet (probably pro after this year), Jones and Reaves.

Comment

• I think we get Shamet for 2 more years. I think the NBA will take a wait-and-see approach to see if he can go a year without a stress fracture in his foot. It might also be better for Shamet if he could demonstrate an injury-free year.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Nuuuuuuuuuu.

Man we're running out of my recruiting crushes at guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X