No announcement yet.

Serrel Smith 6'4 G 2018 to Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total speculation but I think Alo is happy to be coming here. He reportedly wished he could have come when he visited in December. He strikes me as a very mature kid who may want to leave Memphis and strike out on his own.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      he knows what he’s getting here.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      or not

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Could be interesting .. Memphis fans are adamant that Lomax is asking out of his LOI. So would this be a fill in?
    Memphis fans believe a lot of things, Stick. Some are even true or come true, but it's kind of a random coincidence if or when they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Could be interesting .. Memphis fans are adamant that Lomax is asking out of his LOI. So would this be a fill in?
      They’re also convinced that if Marshall won’t let him out of his LOI, Marshall is going to take a different job and then Lomax will be let out of his LOI.

Comment

• The most logical scenario is that Marshall will take an assistants job with Penny and then take ALo with him. This makes the most sense...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

They’re also convinced that if Marshall won’t let him out of his LOI, Marshall is going to take a different job and then Lomax will be let out of his LOI.
          A-Lo can go to Memphis whether or not WSU releases him from his LOI. If they don't release him he sits out a year.

Not sure whether or not WSU would relaease him to go to another AAC school but if A-Lo tells 3G that he is going to Memphis in any case maybe 3G would just go ahead and give a release.

Personally, my opinion is A-Lo won't asked to be released and will stick to his commitment ala Fred Van Vleet who thrived at Wichita State and is thriving in the NBA. But I guess you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            The most logical scenario is that Marshall will take an assistants job with Penny and then take ALo with him. This makes the most sense...
            And cure cancer.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Compition is good for everyone. Bring Serrel in and watch it make it better for both him and A-Lo.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                Compition is good for everyone. Bring Serrel in and watch it make it better for both him and A-Lo.
                Serrel may be more like Chance position wise. Maybe he makes Chance better.

Comment

• I still definitely want this kid. A roster overhaul and fresh start is what we need. My ideal scenario is ALo comes in and starts at point immediately and Serrel plays behind Landry for a year.

Comment

• If/when someone transfers out of the program, the Shox could do way worse then Serrel.
                    The Assman

Comment

• New highlights:

Comment

• This is a player I wanted the Shockers to sign all along.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Am I missing something about this kid already being committed to Ole Miss?

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
                            Shox The Revenant commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He too has asked for his release I believe.

• Correct...coaching change.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ah yes... forgot about the Ole Miss turnover.

• Tyson Jolly just announced he is transferring from Baylor. Not much PT his freshman year but he is a dynamic, powerful PG who was a 4 Star prospect in HS in Oklahoma.

Comment

• AndShock
                            AndShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Surely going JUCO due to already redshirting?
                        Working...
                        X