No announcement yet.

Serrel Smith 6'4 G 2018 to Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir that is the place!! That is where I say them bring shamet and he actually said it helped his decision lol

Comment

This has been my favorite Shocker recruiting year of all, even though we are far from finished. First of all, I relish the fact that we are gaining the respect of so many quality recruits in our probe to reload for next Seasons. Doors are opening and striking recruits have their ears to the tracks and listening to us like never before IMO. Our Coaching Staff will Not be outworked and the AAC is a Conference that is praiseworthy to compete in. Keeping up with all of these players that we even know about gives me the feeling of a young lad in a vast candy store trying to narrow down final choices. My gratitude of this enjoyable process reaches out to all who have worked hard on this SN process including shocks02 and 1972Shocker.

My prediction goes as follows when the final package of recruits are signed, sealed, and delivered to 21st and Hillside of new players that will join our squad that will need to be ready and able to play: "The splendor of this final signed group of Shocker recruited commitments will be as fresh as black and yellow daisies in a flower patch but as 'play angry able' as any reload in Shocker History." Even the very list of Shocker recruit visits that have been presented on here is awe-inspiring, knowing that once they visit here and review the Marshall Plan, the odds move upward of the success that will be gleaned when all of the final results are consummated.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Serrel Smith visiting Ole Miss this weekend (assuming he was able to get out of Florida). On the other hand if he did get out in time to make this visit it may be a while until he can return.

Sounds like the Ole Miss will be selling him on becoming a gunner for them. If that is what Serrel wants then they might have an advantage. I don't think that is the kind of pitch 3G would be likely to make.

Ole Miss does have a home football game on Saturday. Being against Tennesse-Martin I guess a blowout win will be coming.

Comment

With Kountz going to Colorado, is Smith our real target here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            With Kountz going to Colorado, is Smith our real target here?
            Depends on how many guards you think we're going to take? We're only losing Frankamp to graduation along with the possibility of Landry going pro and the potential of someone to transfer. I'd say we're taking two guards, with an outside chance that maybe we end up taking three. I do think we're one of the top three schools for Alex Lomax; Mizzou just landed a PG yesterday, so they're done. He isn't going to Ole Miss or Vandy, in my opinion. Florida might get him, but he's probably their third or fourth priority. Then that leaves Memphis.

I do believe it's between us and Ole Miss for Serrel. The guys over at 247 believe he's going to Ole Miss for some reason.

If we don't have another guard commit by the time that Xavier Castaneda visits on September 23, I'm thinking we have a better than a coin flips chance at landing him then or soon after. You're telling me a kid with an FVV-type mindset would pick South Florida or Kent State over us? No.

That leaves Neftali Alvarez, who's taking his first official visit to Arkansas State this weekend. Not sure what happened to the WSU official but don't believe he's been on campus yet. Jared Butler, who we have a 1% chance of landing. Jason Wade, not sure if he's a point guard, two guard or small forward? And Nate Hinton, who we have a 1% chance at landing.

Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Depends on how many guards you think we're going to take?
              Also perhaps the commitment of Erik Stevenson played a role in the level of mutual interest with Daylen Kountz. Hard to get into the minds of the two sides.

Comment

Depends on how many guards you think we're going to take? We're only losing Frankamp to graduation along with the possibility of Landry going pro and the potential of someone to transfer. I'd say we're taking two guards, with an outside chance that maybe we end up taking three. I do think we're one of the top three schools for Alex Lomax; Mizzou just landed a PG yesterday, so they're done. He isn't going to Ole Miss or Vandy, in my opinion. Florida might get him, but he's probably their third or fourth priority. Then that leaves Memphis.

I do believe it's between us and Ole Miss for Serrel. The guys over at 247 believe he's going to Ole Miss for some reason.

If we don't have another guard commit by the time that Xavier Castaneda visits on September 23, I'm thinking we have a better than a coin flips chance at landing him then or soon after. You're telling me a kid with an FVV-type mindset would pick South Florida or Kent State over us? No.

That leaves Neftali Alvarez, who's taking his first official visit to Arkansas State this weekend. Not sure what happened to the WSU official but don't believe he's been on campus yet. Jared Butler, who we have a 1% chance of landing. Jason Wade, not sure if he's a point guard, two guard or small forward? And Nate Hinton, who we have a 1% chance at landing.
                Your analysis is right on. However, I think that there is a better than outside chance that we end up with three signed guards. You didn't bring up the iffy health of Reaves whose shoulders are hardly a sure thing and I think that the coaching staff has in the back of their mind that we need an insurance policy. Gregg doesn't like being guard poor and we are one injury away of being just that with AR. It might end up being a juco guard but we will sign three imo.

Comment

Take your pick.
                  Shocks02, enjoy your insight into our recruiting situation. Hopefully there is some good news that the coaches are privilege too already. Smith is very good at creating his own shot, and Lomax is a very good floor general. If we were to get one (or both) of them I would be quite happy. Wade is quite the athlete and could play a combo role at the 2 or 3.

Comment

I appreciate your insight. But I agree with @shockmonster: as I believe 3G loves guards. There's also a very good possibility Landry's improvement this season could lead to his leaving early and we'd have to contend with that. And despite the pickup of Stephenson, it seems the cupboard is going to be kinda bare, what with Reaves and Samajae and CJ being the only other true guards on the roster. I would expect Marshall to try and pick up at least two more guards in this class. I'd be thrilled with Lomax and am certainly intrigued by Castaneda. And of course there's always that sleeper that none of us seem to know about that shows up and turns out to be a good pickup. Although these days, it seems we have a better idea of who the staff is looking at. Again, thanks for your continued "scouting" and reporting, truly appreciate it.

Comment

• Four crystal balls in the last couple of days on Ole Miss and I think this article is why. Those two NCAA tournaments that Andy Kennedy has had in 12 years are impressive. Especially the one in which he had to sell his soul to Marshall Henderson to reach the round of 32.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        http://scout.com/college/ole-miss/Ar...y-th-107090560

Four crystal balls in the last couple of days on Ole Miss and I think this article is why. Those two NCAA tournaments that Andy Kennedy has had in 12 years are impressive. Especially the one in which he had to sell his soul to Marshall Henderson to reach the round of 32.
                        Wow 12 years being coach and only 2 NCAA tournament appearances? I'm impressed! Lmfao!

Comment

• Obviously, none of us know Serrell but if his personal goals eclipse his team aspirations, then I wish him well at Ole Miss. I know that Gregg will give some leeway to Serrell (remember Cleanthony) to score, but it will be on Gregg's terms. Serrell won't dictate the outcomes and shoot 20+ shots p/game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Obviously, none of us know Serrell but if his personal goals eclipse his team aspirations, then I wish him well at Ole Miss. I know that Gregg will give some leeway to Serrell (remember Cleanthony) to score, but it will be on Gregg's terms. Serrell won't dictate the outcomes and shoot 20+ shots p/game.
                            If he's looking for shots primarily then he'd be better off elsewhere. GGG likes "Winners," i.e. REBOUNDERS. Guys who are hungry to get rings... Kinda like that Evan kid back in the day. :bball_spin:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                              Wow 12 years being coach and only 2 NCAA tournament appearances? I'm impressed! Lmfao!
                              I think it says a lot more about our coach than about the lack of success by Ole' Miss.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• "We need this kid...oh he's going somewhere else? Not cut out to be a Shocker."

Like the Butabi brothers..lol
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X