Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Based on Taylor’s comment above, it seems that the classes he’s taking in Omaha are required before he can join the Shockers. Am I missing something?

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems pretty clear to me. However, I am a little puzzled at how a 2017 recruit decides to take a Prep year and still needs classes during this summer to be eligible. Did he complete the year a Sunrise?

• ShockTalk, that’s a question I understand. All the posts about why he didnt wish to be here build relationships made little sense to me. Just had to break years of silence. :courage:

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn’t the non qualifier have to graduate from his actual high school? If so he may have to finish up at home.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your input, Mike. The one thing that sticks out in my mind about relationships was a comment I remember reading from his fellow Omahan Teddy Buckets a while back about how he was looking forward to seeing his boy Isaiah. That certainly didn't sound like he had any hard feelings toward IPBC.

I've never been terribly concerned about the team bonding stuff, which is nice if you can do it but should be manageable if you can't. My point has always been that he may be getting behind in terms of the ability to earn playing time next year. But if there's an academic issue that has to be taken care of first, that obviously trumps other considerations, because if you can't play for academic reasons, then PT becomes irrelevant anyway.

• Potential redshirt at this point???
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like he needs Iit if for no other reason than to have the extra time to graduate.

• Per taylors latest Tweet, He is finishing up eligibility requirements and will be added to the roster when he qualifies.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the clarification -- that's a lot better than some of the speculation we've had previously. At least now we know what's actually going on (what a concept!).

• If......

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        If......
        dacdb07ab35c765e71e62601e33e08b0754853c59fc2322138ebab50cdd6fb98.jpg
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I only ever wondered what the true reason to him not being on campus, and only mentioned it being odd since we had little to no indication why that was. Also, I said it would only be odd if the reason h3 wasn't here was only because he wasn't required to be on campus yet. Now that we know the reason, my original observation has been addressed.

Hopefully it is nothing to serious, for IPBC's sake, and he can join the rest of the roster on campus soon.
          The Assman

Comment

• this is...........I can't find the right word

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              this is...........I can't find the right word
              Well, then, pin, I'll try three: "not terribly extraordinary."

We don't see it all that often because in basketball there usually aren't a huge number of recruits, and WSU has reached the point of not having to take as many flyers as they once might have. But in football, where there are lots of recruits every year -- and some of the most elite players have, shall we say, spent more time on athletic pursuits than on academics -- it's not at all unheard of for a guy to be hustling in summer classes so he can qualify to join the team with which he signed. Many make it, but not all, and it's just an accepted part of recruiting.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                I get that, but after a fifth year at prep school?

• I had a recent conversation (random encounter at my son's school) with an NBA player. He has two younger brothers that are highly rated here in AZ high schools and when asking him about their D-1 possibilities...he said they are being watched by some high majors...but grades will most likely prevent them from obtaining that scholarship offer. He was very honest about that unfortunately. Sad. But hopefully our guy Poor Bear can get 'er done and we see him here soon!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If he can't qualify, he could always go to Illinois State and stick around there a couple of years waiting for his call up to the majors.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Better off to go to Butler Co and perhaps qualify after one year and then no wait.

Comment

• pinstripers
                    pinstripers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't believe you can do that

• I think you have two options. Graduate from your high school or graduate from Juco (associate degree).

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Actually, you can go from JUCO to D1 at any time if you qualify out of high school, only non-qualifiers have to get the associates.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He’s a non-qualifier. Therefore that option doesn’t exist.

• I make a Teddy Hawkins reference and it ends up in a discussion of the rules on JuCo players? SMH
                  Last edited by Aargh; July 22, 2018, 05:06 PM.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like standard off season Shockernet, Aargh.
                Working...
                X