Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we could have 2 or 3 years of Chandler and Midtgaard both on the court at the same time. That could be interesting. It would answer the proverbial question, "Where's the beef?"
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• In case anyone wants to see this man in action, below are some full sunrise games that I have found on YouTube. Apologies if these have already been posted.

Comment

• homegrownshocker
          homegrownshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing the videos. Nice work finding them.

• Just scanned a few of those games. A lot to like - and a lot to work on. Has a bit of Durley and Shaq in him, positively from a shooting range, screen game and size aspect, negatively from a conditioning, motor and consistent effort standpoint. He'll need to address those last three to avoid a redshirt. Let's get him in here and playing angry!
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          Just scanned a few of those games. A lot to like - and a lot to work on. Has a bit of Durley and Shaq in him, positively from a shooting range, screen game and size aspect, negatively from a conditioning, motor and consistent effort standpoint. He'll need to address those last three to avoid a redshirt. Let's get him in here and playing angry!
          I'm not sure 3G would know how to act if he did not have at least one of these guys in need of motivation.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Is Isaiah not on campus yet??

Seems weird for a kid from Omaha and who played at Sunrise to not be here with all the other Freshman..
            The Assman

Comment

• Was he hurt or was that an old picture and old news

Comment

• Taylor tweeted that he is still back in Omaha as far as he knows. Says if he doesn’t need summer school, then no necessity to be here yet.

Even if that’s true, it seems very bizarre to me. Why wouldn’t he want to be here practicing and building relationships with his teammates??
                The Assman

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  History doesn't bode well for anyone who chooses not to fit in with the Shocks -- lots to learn, lots of Shocker / Marshall culture to absorb, lots of work to be done with Rosenboom. Maybe having Teddy will inspire IPBC once he shows up, but he certainly isn't helping himself by delaying in the meantime.

• tayloreldridge
                  tayloreldridge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have since found out that he's taking classes in Omaha to finish up his eligibility before he can join the Shockers.

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So a kid who took a prep year is STILL trying to finish HS course work?

If he's struggling in 5 years plus a summer to finish what amounts to the minimum acceptable course work over 4 years of HS....good luck keeping this kid eligible. Rod Brown did it in 3 years plus 1 summer.

• Yeah, I don't like the fact he's not on campus yet either. This has just been a really odd offseason.

Comment

• This behavior might make more sense come April and May

Comment

• Could be Isaiah just wanted/needed to spend a little while at home to recharge his batteries before embarking on what no doubt will be a challenging introduction to big time D-1 basketball. He'll have plenty of time to bond with his teammates before the season starts.

Comment

• Shock Top
                      Shock Top commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But his teammates are here grinding away already. If I was a player and I was already in the gym working my a$$ off to get better, and someone was at home still, that would rub me the wrong way. Maybe that’s just me.

It is not my intention to cast IPBC in a negative light. I just think it’s a legitimate question as to why he’s not on campus yet. It could be some great and compelling reason for all we know.

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Who knows what the situation is. But all this baseless specualtions isn't particualrly productive. If 3G is unhappy that he isn't here I'm quite sure he has expressed that to Isaiah. If it is simply a lack of motivation, and not one of a bunch of other potential legitimate reasons, than he will find things tough going when he does get here whether that was a month ago or month from now. Yes it is a legitimate question. Still waiting for the legitimate answer though.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 13, 2018, 11:00 PM.

• At one point in time I read that he was spending time at home helping take care of his ill mother. I’m not sure if that is still going on or not.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If that's the case, it's certainly a legitimate reason for staying home, and actually a credit to him -- but his absence will still be a handicap relative to those who have been here all along, and he'll have some catching up to do.

• Shock Top
                      Shock Top commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If this is the issue, then that’s a honorable reason.
                      Last edited by Shock Top; July 13, 2018, 12:17 AM.

• Mr. Pickle
                      Mr. Pickle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This. I recall the same thing. I have no idea if that is his reason for spending the summer in Omaha, but there very well may be a legitimate (and for reasons more important than basketball) need to be where he is for now.

• Another theory is that he’s planning on taking a redshirt to help with the academic side so he doesn’t need this summer to keep up, pure speculation of course.

Comment

• Shock Top
                      Shock Top commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Even if that’s true, why not be here practicing and building relationships with your teammates?

I don’t recall the last time someone decided to show up late just because they could.
                      Last edited by Shock Top; July 13, 2018, 01:13 PM.

• I'm not trying to sound negative towards IPBC, but if he really is at home taking care of his ill mom, then he needs to make a decision on whether he wants to be closer to home to take care of her or be here bonding with his teammates during the summer because, when school starts, his mom isn't suddenly going to get well.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe, maybe not, 1979 -- depends on what she has. She may get better in a few weeks, in which case this may all be water under the bridge -- but he will undoubtedly be handicapped by his absence at this point.

• If it's because his mom is sick, I really don't care whether he's handicapped at all for the basketball season. Some things are more important than basketball and he should spend his time accordingly.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed, Stick -- I don't care, either, and of course you're right: if it is indeed a family issue, well, some things are more important; and in the larger scheme of things it doesn't ultimately matter whether he's handicapped on the court. I was just saying that he needs to realize he may be, not because of any unhappiness or punishment, but simply as a natural consequence of his not being with his teammates. And if he realizes that and accepts it, that's fine.
                  Working...
                  X