Morris Udeze 6'8 PF/C 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I remembered that Mo looked pretty good from the free throw line earlier in the year so I did a small amount of research and noticed that during the first 10 games, Mo shot 78% from the free throw line but lost his confidence from the line and ended up with a wonky looking shot and a 48% (last 18 games he shot 38%) by the end of the year.

Everyone on this forum, knows that the coaching staff has to have been working hard with him on his free throw shot. Why his shot went off the rails, is the question because he didn't do the funny twist of his wrist early in the year.

I'm not a great golfer but do lurk on the golf courses, and have watched great golfers lose their putting stroke, and it becomes a mental battle (yips). That's the challenge to the coaching staff and Mo on his free throws. Someone mentioned routine and that is a part of it, but it is more than that and not easy to solve. But it can be solved with work. Hopefully, Mo gets it solved because I'm sure he wants to.
    Thanks for looking that up. I thought Mo was pretty solid early in the year and even recall him making consecutive free throws once or twice. Once he lost confidence, it went downhill fast.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Udeze lost a lot of confidence all around late in the year. I think it settled in that he wasn't going to get a lot of minutes so he got "happy feet" when he came in. If you watched him on defense, he was super jittery trying to not make a mistake. I think we will see a different Udeze this year as he gets more time on the court. That should translate into better FT percentage too IMO.
      That may be the case. We'd probably be better off if we could have two players rotating at that position with a third who plays when fouls make it necessary, etc. The third player would best be a freshman for whom minutes aren't as important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I remembered that Mo looked pretty good from the free throw line earlier in the year so I did a small amount of research and noticed that during the first 10 games, Mo shot 78% from the free throw line but lost his confidence from the line and ended up with a wonky looking shot and a 48% (last 18 games he shot 38%) by the end of the year.

Everyone on this forum, knows that the coaching staff has to have been working hard with him on his free throw shot. Why his shot went off the rails, is the question because he didn't do the funny twist of his wrist early in the year.

I'm not a great golfer but do lurk on the golf courses, and have watched great golfers lose their putting stroke, and it becomes a mental battle (yips). That's the challenge to the coaching staff and Mo on his free throws. Someone mentioned routine and that is a part of it, but it is more than that and not easy to solve. But it can be solved with work. Hopefully, Mo gets it solved because I'm sure he wants to.
        He was 5-13. 38.5% his first year here
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

He was 5-13. 38.5% his first year here
          So your point is that he shot 56 shots (43 more shots than last year) this year and improved 10% between last year and this year. Nice point.

Thats a big improvement when he shot that many more shots.

Comment

Working...
          X