No announcement yet.

Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “If I take care of my (school) work, I’ll sign at the end of July,” he said last week. “It’s a possibility. It’s looking good right now.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      “If I take care of my (school) work, I’ll sign at the end of July,” he said last week. “It’s a possibility. It’s looking good right now.”

I would expect that to happen

Comment

“If I take care of my (school) work, I’ll sign at the end of July,” he said last week. “It’s a possibility. It’s looking good right now.”

Ha ha. The one place I didn't look and one that never showed up in my search!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Rodgerick may not get a lot of playing time this year but he is a talented player and during practice time, he will be introduced to the "Shocker Winning Culture". C.J also hasn't played very much but he too has been around the Shocker culture that Gregg has created. If Markis were to leave after this year, C.J. and Rodgerick will be an important duo to replace his "toughness, hard work, and winning" attitude. They will be more important than any Juco player who comes in 2018-19.
          I think he's at least comparable to Zach & Rashard skill wise, and they both got decent minutes as frosh. I look for this kid to earn court time quite early and often.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            I think he's at least comparable to Zach & Rashard skill wise, and they both got decent minutes as frosh. I look for this kid to earn court time quite early and often.
            No, you misunderstood my statement. I wasn't questioning his athletic ability. He may even be in the Markis McDuffy talent group. We just have so many talented players that this coming year, he may not get very much court time. He will play the 3 or 4 positions. He will back up at the
            -Zach Brown
            - Markis McDuffie
            -C.J Keyser
            -Markis
            -Kelly
            -Darral

He, if you ranked playing opportunities, may be ranked #12 or #13. Probably Landry, Shaq, Conner, Austin, Samajae, and Rauno, besides the six listed above will receive playing time before Asborn Mittgard, and Rodgerick. The last two are on the bottom imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              No, you misunderstood my statement. I wasn't questioning his athletic ability. He may even be in the Markis McDuffy talent group. We just have so many talented players that this coming year, he may not get very much court time. He will play the 3 or 4 positions. He will back up at the
              -Zach Brown
              - Markis McDuffie
              -C.J Keyser
              -Markis
              -Kelly
              -Darral

He, if you ranked playing opportunities, may be ranked #12 or #13. Probably Landry, Shaq, Conner, Austin, Samajae, and Rauno, besides the six listed above will receive playing time before Asborn Mittgard, and Rodgerick. The last two are on the bottom imo.
              The competition for PT will be very difficult for RB and AM to overcome. If they see significant minutes on a healthy squad, they will be special players.
              Livin the dream

Comment

The competition for PT will be very difficult for RB and AM to overcome. If they see significant minutes on a healthy squad, they will be special players.
                Of course, those 11 have to perform to their abilities to get time. Everyone has to earn it.

Comment

• You can watch Team Thad (Rodgerick Brown & Tyler Harris) take on the Houston Defenders (Miller Kopp & Morris Udeze) in the first round of UAA Finals here. http://www.uaa.io/watch/?Live=13

Game should start around noon.

If someone could give a scouting report it would be greatly appreciated!
                  Last edited by shocks02; July 13, 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    You can watch Team Thad (Rodgerick Brown & Tyler Harris) take on the Houston Defenders (Miller Kopp & Morris Udeze) in the first round of UAA Finals here. http://www.uaa.io/watch/?Live=13

Game should start around noon.

If someone could give a scouting report it would be greatly appreciated!
                    The prior game is just starting the third quarter so it'll probably be 12:30 or 12:45 before this game gets underway.

Comment

• Just saw team Thad is up 69-55 in the 4th quarter. I'm trying to see where I can find the stats

Comment

• Couldn't find stats either but watched a bit of the game. RB had a decent game. I think he'll be a great defender, especially when we want to apply some pressure. Tyler Harris is a stud. Hope we can somehow come out over Iowa State to land him. Kopp had a really good game as well. I was surprised to see Houston use him to bring the ball up court when Team Thad was pressing, and to see him handle it well with the exception of one time. Didn't notice Udeze all that much, but he looks to be a big, strong rebounding machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                          Just saw team Thad is up 69-55 in the 4th quarter. I'm trying to see where I can find the stats
                          Box score won't be posted for an hour or two. Below is what I had from the live stats at the end of the game. Team Thad will play in the quarterfinals later tonight - scheduled to start at 6:15 PM. Game will be live streamed at the same place. http://uaa.io/404-1.aspx?url=/uaa.io/watch

Rodgerick Brown: 11 pts, 5 reb, 2 stl
                          Tyler Harris: 29 pts, 5 reb, 6 ast/3 to, 4 stl
                          Miller Kopp: 14 pts, 4 reb, 0 ast/6 to
                          Morris Udeze: 4 pts, 7 reb, 1 blk

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Couldn't find stats either but watched a bit of the game. RB had a decent game. I think he'll be a great defender, especially when we want to apply some pressure. Tyler Harris is a stud. Hope we can somehow come out over Iowa State to land him. Kopp had a really good game as well. I was surprised to see Houston use him to bring the ball up court when Team Thad was pressing, and to see him handle it well with the exception of one time. Didn't notice Udeze all that much, but he looks to be a big, strong rebounding machine.
                            I think if we can get Tyler Harris to visit we'll have a chance. These kids are very impressionable, in my mind, I always think it gives us an advantage if they visit us last.

Comment

• At one time I was pretty much sold on Kopp and Udeze. Not so much any more. Kopp had 6 TO's? I think Marshall is in a good position to recruit posts who can both score and rebound.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think Tyler Harris had 29 points. He is a point guard that can score by penetrating often and has nice shooting range, can dish the ball, and can really handle the ball. Shoelace would luv his crossover and he really blows by people. Yes, of course I would take him as a Shocker!!! R. Brown is one I am glad we signed. Today he had at least 11 points, rebounded well, and defended. I like his motor and he will be a Shock we really like.

I would never base my final verdict on one game because while Kopp had some bright moments, today was not a big day for him. He had too many turnovers today. MU can indeed protect the rim and rebound for sure. He too did not have a good game for him today either so I will reserve my verdict until I see more of him.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X