Rodgerick Brown 6'7 F 2017 to New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    He has a 3.4 GPA. Concerns about academics or not qualifying or not being able to reclass seem to be more a factor of worrying than evaluating the situation.

While nothing is guaranteed, he said he wants to play with the seniors. He's planning on reclassifying and being here, being on scholarship, and learning from the Sr. class. I'm skeptical of a red shirt because he looks like the best prospect for backing Brown at SF.
    McDuffie backed up Brown at the 3 last year. He's still around.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not saying he would be a non-qualifier. But just as Poor Bear acknowledged he perhpas could sharpen his academic skills as well as he basketball skills with a year of prep school. But as I said I think he will be okay either way. I hope he is on the roster this season. With 6 guys moving on at the end of the year couldn't hurt to be learning the Marshall system for a year.

I did not mess around early, middle or late in high school. Now college that's a different story.
      Maybe I'm dense, but I don't understand the worrying about him academically. He is a high school junior finishing up early. The only date of birth I've found for him is December of 1999. He has been working through online classes on his own, which takes self-discipline. According to an interview from his HS coach on The Drive, he has one class remaining and should finish up in July. Add in the 3.4 GPA, and I have no worries at all. It sounds like his body and game are ready. He should be a member of the 2017 team in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post
        Maybe I'm dense, but I don't understand the worrying about him academically. He is a high school junior finishing up early. The only date of birth I've found for him is December of 1999. He has been working through online classes on his own, which takes self-discipline. According to an interview from his HS coach on The Drive, he has one class remaining and should finish up in July. Add in the 3.4 GPA, and I have no worries at all. It sounds like his body and game are ready. He should be a member of the 2017 team in my opinion.
        Okay, something doesn't make sense. If he was born in December 1999, he won't be 19 until December 2018, but in the article by Paul Suellentrop, it sounds like he is already 18 and will turn 19 in December. Am I reading this right?

Brown is a member of the class of 2018. However, he will turn 19 before the season and is not eligible to play high school basketball in Tennessee in 2017-18.
        Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post
          I don't think that is right. I think that Paul or someone else reported that he was reclassifying because he was ineligible next year because he was turning 19 and no longer eligible for high school basketball in Tennessee. He either reclassifies to 2017, or has to go to a Prep school.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            Not completely disagreeing, but would so much rather have him on campus learning from this senior class, even if it's as a redshirt.
            No doubt about it.

Comment

• I'll just go with Coach Marshall's feel...seems like he'll be on the roster this upcoming season
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Dunno if this was during his visit or today but Brown is already in CKA working on his shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Dunno if this was during his visit or today but Brown is already in CKA working on his shot

https://twitter.com/RodBrown_RB5/sta...87364428857345
                  Certainly looks like he could develop into a decent perimeter shooter. Also notice how he copied Tyler Harris on that tweet - the hard sell is on.

Comment

Dunno if this was during his visit or today but Brown is already in CKA working on his shot

Looks like Mr. Brown is familiar with the weight room.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Looks like Mr. Brown is familiar with the weight room.
                      Was just thinking Kerry could have fun with this kid.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Still have those ugly logos on the court I see...... ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• Was wondering if this Mr. Brown could drain 3's? 9-10? Not bad. Also, he lists his love of God first. Wise priorities. Next, I like his revved up perpetual motion motor on the court. I can hear it now. "Subbing in for Mr. Brown is Mr. Brown." High octane begets fresh high octane. Yes, he looks strong now, but wait until Kerry gets him into the weight room parlor. Pain equals gain. As long as Mr. Shoelace approves his cross-over, we are good to go on this gem of a recruit because he will be an ideal Marshall Plan prototype, play angry, Shocker MTXE team player.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I bet he was so embarrassed when he missed that ninth 3-pointer, lowering his average to 90% in this video.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Was wondering if this Mr. Brown could drain 3's? 9-10? Not bad. Also, he lists his love of God first. Wise priorities. Next, I like his revved up perpetual motion motor on the court. I can hear it now. "Subbing in for Mr. Brown is Mr. Brown." High octane begets fresh high octane. Yes, he looks strong now, but wait until Kerry gets him into the weight room parlor. Pain equals gain. As long as Mr. Shoelace approves his cross-over, we are good to go on this gem of a recruit because he will be an ideal Marshall Plan prototype, play angry, Shocker MTXE team player.

In some of the newer Under Armour clips he did kinda' look like X when going for rebounds. Now I'm not saying he's going to be another X, or even close tuthfully, but, descriptions off his rebounding prowess could be accurate and not hyperbole.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                In some of the newer Under Armour clips he did kinda' look like X when going for rebounds. Now I'm not saying he's going to be another X, or even close tuthfully, but, descriptions off his rebounding prowess could be accurate and not hyperbole.
                                You always know a player is fast when they are dribbling on a fast break and pass their foes just running and finish with the score. Also, I liked how he was blocking shots and defending. In the Marshall Plan, "hair on fire D-Fence equals playing time."
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X