No announcement yet.

Tyler Harris 5'10 PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Martin is also the leading returning scorer in the AAC, I don't think either of these guys are taking his minutes.

Comment

• Lomax very well might find his career ends up reflecting that of the Australian roof blower who ended up at Kentucky. Four years from now he might have no use for Penny, and think back to that watershed decision in March of 2018.

Alternatively, I might just have a bit of sour grapes.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking close to the same, except Harris being the odd man out. I'm waiting to see what the waters are like after 2 years. Don't think it's any sour grapes on my part as I'd think this about any team in Memphis' situation without any WSU connection. Two guys who both want to be "the man" at PG or a backcourt with 2 under 6' players. Top that off with both possibly having to wait their turn until the 2nd year as it is.

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m more apt to think that’s Harris’ future. ALo and $.01 are too close to have him be the one riding the pine.

• Why oh why did Harris commit to Memphis? He and Lomax are both point guards., one being barely 6 feet tall and the other 5'9". Very doubtful Penny plans on playing both of them at the same time, right? Is Lomax going to switch to the SG position when Harris is leading the point? That would be one heckuva small back court. In today's game where it seems the guards are getting taller, longer and more athletic, this would pose as serious problems to that height challenged duo.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        No way is ALo over 5’10”, and he’s got a couple inches on Harris.

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        I could see Tyler Harris playing SG. He's really small but can really score. That's what shooting guard is all about. May have trouble on defense with those two in the game at once defending bigger guards.

• Slykryck
        Slykryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Only problem with Harris at the 2 is trying to score over a SG that’s got 7” or so in size on him. And I completely agree with he defensive assessment.

• I think that with the history of Harris' recruitment...I don't think he's one of the sharper crayons in the box. Now he's decided he wants to compete with Penny's "son" on a team coached by Penny?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Harris was **** down by Lomax when they played against each other. Just imagine what a bigger faster guy will do to Harris.

Comment

• Geeeeeeez. Lomax is a great kid who committed to play for his mentor. We should all be so lucky.

Why do we have to dog on him? Penny and Coach Marshall have no ill will. Neither should we.

Now Harrris? He can kick rocks.

Comment

• Most of this isn’t dogging on him (maybe 1 or 2 did). I do think that it may prove difficult to keep both Lomax and Harris completely happy because most likely they will compete for playing time. It is fair to say that Alo may have his play time cut in half where here he would have more likely followed the FVV model and play 30 minutes. But he may be happy at Memphis no matter the circumstances.

Comment

• Call me when Penny gets a final 4...#vodkaredbull

Comment

• In the transfer portal.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Verbal Commits
                  @VerbalCommits
                  ·
                  2h
                  Former Memphis G Tyler Harris is transferring to Iowa State. http://verbalcommits.com/players/tyler-harris-tn

Comment

• Like I said in another thread, he was destined for Ames, before Penny got the UofM job.

Not a surprise.
                    The Assman

Comment

Working...
                    X